The Epic Home Theater Photo Critique Thread - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

86Likes

post #41 of 290 Old 07-26-16, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System
Re: The Epic Home Theater Photo Critique Thread

Hmm... this should be interesting.
Attached Thumbnails
The Epic Home Theater Photo Critique Thread-screen-shot-2016-07-26-8.39.51-am.png  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 290 Old 07-26-16, 09:07 AM
Elite Shackster

Number 5 looks very nice and comfy. I do like the colors and of course that bull statue!

I wonder if that clock tick tock loudly.. That would be a distraction for me.

Screen is nice and the in wall speakers give it a clean look and feel.

I suspect it looks better when all the lights are turned off.

Main:
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Wii U Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #43 of 290 Old 07-26-16, 09:36 AM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

#5 would drive me nuts because the sofa is right against the wall and the room layout is wrong (using the long wall for the screen). That poor projector looks like its going to overheat in that cubby hole its placed in.
Agree though, the colors are nice and warm and I love the fireplace.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #44 of 290 Old 07-26-16, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

Quote:
tonyvdb wrote: View Post
#5 would drive me nuts because the sofa is right against the wall and the room layout is wrong (using the long wall for the screen). That poor projector looks like its going to overheat in that cubby hole its placed in.
Agree though, the colors are nice and warm and I love the fireplace.

This echoes my sentiments... Wall behind couch and the PJ cubby would be big concerns.

The bull statue is certainly interesting!
post #45 of 290 Old 07-26-16, 10:32 AM
HTS Moderator

Lou

My System

Agree with all the nice things said Well done for a setup designed to impress the uninitiated (or maybe their spouse moved at light speed ).

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #46 of 290 Old 07-26-16, 10:40 AM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System

Agreed! WAF is spot on as well as for the sonically impaired. I bet there are many people that would go nuts when they see it. The problem is going to be the expense involved to fix it once they figure out why it just doesn't sound right.
post #47 of 290 Old 07-26-16, 11:59 AM
Elite Shackster

Guys, there is a fine line when creating these "home theaters" between AV quality and Wife Acceptance Factor (WAF).

Compromise has to be made not only for financial decisions but also for aesthetics!

As the saying goes.. A happy wife is a happy home! lol.
Lumen likes this.

Main:
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Wii U Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub

post #48 of 290 Old 07-26-16, 02:06 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Number 5 is a typical setup I see with the couch right against the wall. I did this myself in my first HT even though I have over 20ft to work with. MAF (Mom Approval factor) was at play as you always place the couch against the wall. Who wants to see the back of the couch. The only thing I would do differently is lower the left and right channel to ear height. It also seems like the center channel has smaller bass drivers than the L/R.

This looks like a great Canadian HT with the warm fireplace and hot projector air warming the room.
Teenage me would get a lot of action "watching" movies in this room.
I would still rather have this one than #2.
post #49 of 290 Old 07-26-16, 02:55 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

I would also rather have this room than 2. Or 1. For me, the in walls are a fail but in room speakers might be too hard to place with the shallow seating depth. That left surround looks like a small def dech bipoles pointed at the screen instead of the LP. Surround performance will be terrible as well as super boomy bass(already mentioned). I would leave the LR at the height they are since this is obviously not a music system and panning off screen will be smoother. Is that bull on a subwoofer? And why is he pointed backwards? Lol
I would personally try to set this room up 90deg left and defeat the fireplace or use a mount that drops the display down for use. It looks narrow but I think the long way would be better for this space. Visually pleasing room however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #50 of 290 Old 07-27-16, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

#6...super eye catching...but I see a lot of issues. What do you see?
Attached Thumbnails
The Epic Home Theater Photo Critique Thread-screen-shot-2016-07-27-12.07.31-pm.png