Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

merry christmas to ME! Sony XBR-65X850D

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  opell 
#1 ·
just ordered a
Sony XBR-65X850D 65" Class 4K HDR Ultra HD Smart TV With WiFi for 1149 free shipping from newegg :)

should be pretty sweet... really wanted the LG 65"oled but this one is half the price. I plan to get an OLED next year.

This should hold me over.

#2 ·
Excellent, welcome to the 4k club ;)

I had an X850B for a week and exchanged it for my Samsung. The old B didn't have any local dimming, major clouding issues, with an IPS panel. The Samsung has a better contrast VA panel and local dimming. I don't know what Sony has done with the more recent models, though, I had heard that the C fixed the clouding, so I imagine that the D is even better yet! Congrats and let me know how you like it.

#7 ·
That is a great comparison... and that is a great review of the local dimming. Glad i cancelled the 850d. I like the looks of that samsung. I really want a OLED but trying to keep price around 2K. That 65" samsung looks really solid and pretty cheap price IMO.

#8 ·
The Samsung is a great choice. A couple of things to consider though. I believe the KS8000 can be had for about $500 cheaper than the 930D but if you're a sports fan the Sony is outstanding. Motion blur is pretty much non existent if that's important to you. Also, we like to occasionally watch movies in 3D and I don't believe you can do that on the Samsung. For many people that's not important but we have a fairly large library of 3D titles. To me the smooth motion while watching sports was worth the additional cost but YMMV. You're on the right path though. OLED is the way to go IMO and prices continue to drop on them.

#9 ·
i went to best buy today... really wish the high 75" tvs were affordable! took a look at the 65" OLED wow... so impressive. the Samsung looked good but the OLED is simple amazing. Not sure I want to swing an OLED now. i will need to go back to look at the samsungs again they are very hard to figure out with the bright lights. the Sony 940 was pretty awesome as well.

#10 ·
Okay !

So did some more research and for as much as I thought i was up to date on all the models I was not.

I was able to secure a very gentle used a Sony X930C from a buddy who is moving. It is about 8 months old and should perform great to hold me over one more year until I can go OLED.

fschris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.