Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Denon AVR-X6300H and 240P

4K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  willis7469 
#1 ·
I was curious if newer AVR's can take analog 240p signals in? I have a bunch of classic gaming consoles I want to use. And wanted them routed into the Denon. Before I pull the trigger, will it take that signal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Called up Denon and asked, the rep didnt know what a 240p was. He read his little manual and saw it does 480, 720, 1080 and 4k in varying Refresh rates but no 240p was listed. He asked his lead who "likes" games and said he didnt specifically know if it didnt accept the signals. So im still sort of left in limbo.

So, does anyone know how to still play these consoles on newer tech? I tried the Monoprice RCA to HDMI upconverter, but i found out the hard way it does not work. Either cheap Ebay Chinese converter boxes or that $500 converter box Framemeister or the OSSC Box. Both are the same price pretty much.

#4 ·
I dont own the Denon yet, was just trying to find out prior to buying.

#6 ·
A alternative is to run my S-Video from a Splitter Box to the TV and run the audio to the AVR. But part of having it all routed to the AVR is to have convenience. Just a click of a button changes all my stuff for me. I would have to walk up and change the button for the splitter from SNES to PSOne to N64 to Dreamcast. First World problems right?

#8 ·
Yes, They all have Yellow as well as the S-Video

#10 ·
Yeah, I was hoping that stupid Monoprice one would just make it go from svideo to hdmi. Didnt need it to make it better, just make it so I could have all my stuff be hdmi and clean up the back of the avr.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.