OPPO 4K Blu-ray Player Information - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

18Likes

post #21 of 30 Old 09-21-16, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System
Re: OPPO 4K Blu-ray Player Information

Just as an FYI, OPPO had a UK training event today... sounds like someone may have reported some incorrect information post-event. So, if you're hearing/reading information that clashes with what's been revealed here (so far), ignore it. I've been in contact with the director of product development and he wants to be sure that everyone understands that OPPO is not going to over promise on features that may not be ready for release.

Again, the rumor mill is hot and heavy on this particular product... if you have any questions, please post them here and I'll try my best to get a straight answer!

Todd
bkeeler10 and Robert Zohn like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 Old 09-21-16, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Todd Anderson wrote: View Post
Just as an FYI, OPPO had a UK training event today... sounds like someone may have reported some incorrect information post-event. So, if you're hearing/reading information that clashes with what's been revealed here (so far), ignore it. I've been in contact with the director of product development and he wants to be sure that everyone understands that OPPO is not going to over promise on features that may not be ready for release.

Again, the rumor mill is hot and heavy on this particular product... if you have any questions, please post them here and I'll try my best to get a straight answer!

Todd

Todd the big rumor is that the Oppo will be the first DV unit on the market. As rumor has it, Oppo is waiting for certification from Dolby to enable DV

I think the truth is as you have stated DV is probably not a sure thing as rumor have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Todd Anderson and Robert Zohn like this.
post #23 of 30 Old 09-21-16, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

I've heard most of the rumors... I'm sure there are some out there that I haven't caught that you may have seen...

Direct from OPPO's Direct of Product Development: No support for Dolby Vision at this time.

Read into that what you will... one would have to assume they are working on it. The new OPPO players will be using a MediaTek decoder chip, and MediaTek is a Dolby Vision partner... so hopefully that's going to be a score for all of us! If (or when) that happens is completely up in the air at this point.
post #24 of 30 Old 09-21-16, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

In other news... it's great that OPPO is official in the fray, so to speak. Glad to have the competition, especially since it's evident that there is differences in quality across the options already on the market.
post #25 of 30 Old 09-21-16, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

You can find this by going here: http://www.oppodigital.com/uhd/

(of course HTS will stay on top of coverage, too! ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
OPPO 4K Blu-ray Player Information-screen-shot-2016-09-21-7.53.03-pm.png  

Tonto, Robert Zohn and skass1 like this.
post #26 of 30 Old 09-23-16, 11:25 AM
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

Here's John Archer's Wall Street Journal write-up with some things confirming and new information on OPPO's UDP-203.
Tonto likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
, Authorized Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Krell, OPPO, Sonance, Definitive Technology, Artison, Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal equipment:
Video: 2 theaters, Sony's VPL-VW5000ES, 2nd theater, JVC RS66
Family room LG 65" G6 OLED, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom 65" B6 OLEED, Living room Panasonic 65" VX300
Audio receivers: Pioneer Elite, SC-09; Denon, AVR-7200WA, Marantz SR7011
Pre-pro: Marantz AV8802A w/7&5 ch amps
post #27 of 30 Old 09-23-16, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

Thanks for the link, Robert! These players are looking like world beaters!
post #28 of 30 Old 09-26-16, 12:49 AM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
Robert Zohn wrote: View Post
Yes, but I do not expect to be posting any information as I'll be signing a non-disclosure (NDA) and it's a Beta unit so my job is to test everything and report to OPPO engineering.

I'm 100% confident it will handle HDR as well as the best UHD BD player and regarding 10-bit I do not believe any UHD BD player puts out 10-bit.

Robert

You can post your thoughts right here. We won't tell a soul

Tonto and Robert Zohn like this.
post #29 of 30 Old 12-18-16, 10:28 AM
Shackster

Picked up mine 2 days ago. I LOVE THE STRIP METADATA FUNCTION! What it does is give you the rec2020 colour but not the unrealistic nits in brightness range of HDR. Hard to explain but its great!

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
Todd Anderson likes this.
post #30 of 30 Old 12-18-16, 11:36 AM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
HatlessChimp wrote: View Post
Picked up mine 2 days ago. I LOVE THE STRIP METADATA FUNCTION! What it does is give you the rec2020 colour but not the unrealistic nits in brightness range of HDR. Hard to explain but its great!

https://youtu.be/F--ffP6Iiig

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Hey, I resent that. "Men between the ages of 25 to 45 may feel 'movement' when unboxing the Oppo". I am a hell of a lot older than 45 and when I unbox, I know I am going to feel "movement". Maybe Oppo transcends the norm.