Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Sony BDP-S370

Tags
bdp-s370 sony
4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  benbo 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I have had a Sony BDP-S370 for 3 months now and have been really pleased with it. It is very fast to load, compared to the BDP-S350 it replaced. Regarding 3D there is supposed to be a firmware upgrade that will provide this feature later. The feature I like best though is it came with iPlayer for UK use. It is also DLNA capable and I can stream mp3 and video from my NAS. All in all one of my best upgrades.

#6 ·
Why not upgrade then, you know you should.:D

It is what the game is all about. :T

By the way I like my BDP-S370 so much I am thinking of putting one in the bedroom, mainly to get iPlayer though.

#8 ·
Although the BDP-S470 is Wi-Fi capable so may be worth the extra.

I don't have a cable in to the bedroom yet so that would be a big bonus for me. I see Amazon have it for £158.07, funny price.

#9 ·
I own a pair of Sony S370s and thought that I would try a wi-fi ready player. As luck would have it I was walking thru Sams(thats what I told my wife anyway) and saw the Sony BDP-BX37, which I was told was Sams/Costcos model of the S570. I saw the BDP BX37 , which is the 370 and after discovering that wi-fi ready meant ordering Sony's proprietary wireless adapter, I cheaped out for the BDPBX37. I did not do my homework before the purchase and discovered that the adapter sells for $60 to $75 dollars.
With the BDP37 still in the box I am pondering whether to return it for the BDPBX57 which is wifi equipped, notice I did not say ready, or use the BDP37 as a player with excellent reviews.

I have also considered the entry level Oppo and forgetting about a wireless player. Suggestions?

#10 ·
If you are seriously looking at getting one of the best VFM players on the market then I would look at the BDP83 from Oppo as it just does everything right and you can add a wifi adapter later on if you want to, BD quality is top notch but it is a true universal player and DVD playback is brilliant thanks to the VRS chipset.

#12 ·
Yes, the BDP S370 requires the Sony UWA-BR100 USB wireless LAN adapter. A web search makes note that other wireless USB adapters don't work. Note that Sony commands $70 for the adapter. It is not included in the box. Moving up to the S570 in cheaper than purchasing the S370 plus the required wireless adapter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.