Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Welcome OPPO Digital as a forum sponsor!

15K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  bxbigpipi 
#1 ·
We would like to welcome OPPO Digital as a sponsor of our Blu-ray | DVD | Disc Media Players forum.

Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, OPPO Digital designs and markets high quality digital electronics that deliver style, performance, innovation, and value to A/V enthusiasts and savvy consumers alike. The company's attention to core product performance and strong customer focus distinguishes it from traditional consumer-electronics brands.

Many of us know that their products speak for themselves... second to none!

#2 ·
Hello,
I could not possibly be happier to have OPPO Digital as the Sponsor of the Blu-ray | DVD | Disc Media Players Forum. There is truly not a Brand I know of that I can recommend more to people. I own three OPPO Players and cherish them all. I have been allocating funds towards procuring a BDP-95 and plan soon to do so.
Cheers,
Jack

#5 ·
Glad to have Oppo aboard!

#7 ·
Couldn't have said it better.

#8 ·
Extremely happy Oppo has joined our group. I am a proud owner of the BDP-83 and soon will purchase the BDP-93.

Welcome

#9 ·
Nice to have Oppo on board. I own the 93 and couldn't be happier with it. :T

#13 ·
Talk about perfect timing!!! I just pulled the trigger on a BDP-93 this morning! Great news!

#17 ·
I own Oppo and I love my BD player, Welcome to the forum.....:T

#20 ·
I own a BDP-95 and couldn't be happier. The video is pure and the audio is to die for. I replaced some very expensive separates in my audio section when I bought the OPPO and think it sounds terrific - especially the SACD. Plus, what it did for my DVD collection with it's up-converting technology was a nice surprise.
Quality product for sure.

#21 ·
Hello,
The BDP-95 is a truly world class product. While I adore my BDP-83 and BDP-93, I really lament not getting a 95.
Best,
JJ

#23 ·
Tempt not a desperate man! That would be an amazing price as BDP-93 prices have been rising due to the 93/95's being about the last design before the AACS HDMI Final Adopter Agreement (Analog Sunrise) where it still offers HD over Component Video (103/105 do not even have Component or any other Analog Video Outputs), Cinnavia free, and ISO Support provided the past few FW Updates were not performed.

#24 ·
JJ- I noticed those changes regarding the 105 and was not a fan (thought about "upgrading" but I don't think it's an upgrade at all except for the 4k ability) so I stuck with the 95. I happen to like the component hookup over the HDMI and besides that, my Aragon Pre/Pro does not have HDMI.
The 105 is a nice piece (great review in this months Home Theater Mag) but I still say that the 95 is the best piece OPPO has.

#25 ·
My 103 died last night. I've had an OPPO 103 for right at 4 years. It is in my HT and never moved and there are no kids in the house so it is well cared-for. I average about two movies a week on it, which I would think isn't a lot. But last night the transport apparently died in the middle of a BR Movie. It says there is no disk in the player when there is. I've put differing BRD, DVDs, and Red Book CDs in and the main menu says "reading disk" for a split second then says No Disk where the Disk icon is. Is 4-years the life expectancy of these relatively high-end systems? On the OPPO site I see nothing that indicates how I can get them repaired out of the 2-year warranty either. I'm extremely disappointed in a product I really liked up until now. Just a heads-up for those considering the product and a question on if Oppo repairs them. I'm considering either a Sony or Samsung at this point. Or ripping to my NAS and not even using a player.

#29 ·
Don't get me wrong. I think they are a great value for the money unless there is a mechanical design weakness. I'm only questioning the MTBF aspect. , I have a Thorens turntable from the mid 70s. It isn't like I'm hard on equipment. I'll see how they treat me when I contact them today. That will really tell the tale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.