Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Samsung BluRay players Firmware update available

27K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  LAB3 
#1 · (Edited)
Samsung BluRay players Firmware updates available

Firmware links for all Samsung BluRay players listed below or install it directly from the players menu if your player is hooked up to the net.

All player firmware downloads now located HERE on one convenient page

Please Note: On players with an ethernet connection or wireless, Firmware can be updated automatically using the user menu under "Firmware"

#2 · (Edited)
More Samsung BluRay players

Reserved

#4 ·
Thanks Bob:yes:

#5 ·
New firmware update for the BD-UP5000. Now up to 1.3 (see link in first post)

#6 ·
New firmware update for the BD P1200. Now up to 2.4 (see link in first post)

#7 ·
New firmware update for the BD P1400. Now up to 1.8 (see link in first post)

#8 ·
New firmware update for the BD P1400 released, Now up to 1.9 see first post for link or download directly from the players menu if your 1400 is connected to the net.

I have also included a new link to the BD P1500 firmware.

#9 ·
The Samsung BD-P1500 is now up to version 2.0 for anyone that is interested. See first post for link.

#10 ·
New firmware for the BD-UP5000

For those of you who have the BD-UP5000 the firmware its now up to 1.4, see first post for link.

#12 ·
The Samsung BD-P1500 is now up to version 2.1 for anyone that is interested. See first post for link.

#13 ·
The BD-P1200 firmware update 2.5 is available now. See link in first post.

#14 ·
BD-P1400 Firmware update 2.0 is now available
and the BD-P1500 Firmware update 2.3 is now also available.

see first post for links.

#15 ·
How can I find out if the new firmware for the BD-P1500 includes upgrades for Profile 2.0 and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding?

#16 ·
According to the Samsung website This is what i found:

< BD-P1500 Firmware Ver 2.3 >
Date: Jan.07, 2009
This Firmware update provides the following benefits:
1. Improves playback compatibility of some movie titles.

Ver2.1 Dec.2, 2008
1. Improves playback compatibility of some movie titles.

Ver2.0 Oct.03, 2008
1. Supports BD-Live
2. Firmware auto upgrade(automatically notifies availability of new firmware)

Looks like the firmware version 2.0 already updated your player. You need a 1gb USB memory stick plugged into your player for the BluRay live features to become active.

#18 ·
Most companies stop supporting older players about two years after they are out. My BDP1400 has not had an update for at least a year now thats why I bought my current Panasonic DB60 just a better player all around. The PS3 is a very rare exception and gets updates almost monthly.

#21 ·
I have the Samsung BRDP BD-P1600(Bedroom) and they sent a new firmware for it that popped up on screen after I watched a movie so I upload it thinking cool new info..........Duh I forgot my audio setting went back to default. Rear speakers would not play and no DTS Mastered HD on my Onkyo TX-SR605 display. 45 minutes later and 3 different Tech Support and noone could figure out why this happened. One of them told me since my unit had Never been upgraded it had to be done TWO times..... Unbelievable! how?? when then send you the firmware ONE time(on line) unit. Duh. So I am looking at the owners manual .again.and it hit me....check to see if my audio setting was still on Bitstreaming Audio............Hello found the problem. I really felt stupid but I talked to 2 techs and their Manager.NONE of them said hey look at your audio settings. I even explained I had HDMI from BRDP to A/V HD Receiver and HDMI to Flat Screen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.