DVD Releases: April 10 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 1 Old 03-22-07, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator
I'm a redneck!
My System
DVD Releases: April 10

The Aura (2005 -- Argentina) Ricardo Darin, Dolores Fonzi, Pablo Cedron. Psychological journey into the head of an epileptic man who works out the perfect heist. (Genius Products).

The Batman: The Complete Third Season Two-disc set with 13 episodes of the Kids WB! series, $19.98. Extras: "The Batman: Season 3 Unmasked" featurette. (Warner).

The Doris Day Collection Volume 2 Six-disc set with "Romance on the High Seas," "By the Light of the Silvery Moon," "I'll See You in My Dreams," "Lucky Me," "My Dream Is Yours" and "On Moonlight Bay"; $59.92 or $19.97 each. (Warner).
  • Romance on the High Seas (1948) Dir.: Michael Curtiz; Doris Day, Janis Paige, Don DeFore, Jack Carson. Extras: Classic Warner Bros. musical short "Let's Sing a Song From the Movies," classic Warner Bros. cartoon "I Taw a Putty Tat."
  • My Dream Is Yours (1949) Dir.: Michael Curtiz; Doris Day, Jack Carson, Lee Bowman, Extras: Vintage Joe McDoakes comedy short "So You Want to be an Actor," Warner Bros. short "The Grass Is Always Greener," classic Warner Bros. cartoon "A Ham in a Role."
  • I'll See You in My Dreams (1952) Dir.: Michael Curtiz; Doris Day, Danny Thomas, Extras: Vintage short "The Screen Director," classic Warner Bros. cartoon "Lovelorn Leghorn."
  • On Moonlight Bay (1951) Doris Day, Gordon MacRae, Leon Ames, Rosemary De Camp, Billy Gray. Extras: Vintage Warner Bros. musical short "Let's Sing a Song About the Moonlight," classic Warner Bros. cartoon "A Hound for Trouble."
  • By the Light of the Silvery Moon (1953) Doris Day, Gordon MacRae, Rosemary DeCamp, Mary Wickes, Billy Gray. Extras: Vintage Joe McDoakes comedy shorts "So You Want to Learn to Dance" and "So You Want a Television Set," Warner Bros. cartoon "From A to Z-Z-Z-Z."
  • Lucky Me (1954) Doris Day, Robert Cummings, Phil Silvers, Eddie Foy Jr., Nancy Walker, Martha Hyer. Extras: Vintage Warner Bros. short "When the Talkies Were Young," Warner Bros. cartoon "Sandy Claws."

Legend of the Doll (2007) First live-action film in the Akihabara Trilogy, focuses on the trials and tribulations of a lonely guy who creates the perfect female figure from a special model kit - only to discover, to his surprise and delight, that the figure has a life of its own. (Central Park Media).

Major League Wild Thing Edition (1989) Tom Berenger, Charlie Sheen, Corbin Bernsen, Margaret Whitton, James Gammon, Rene Russo, Wesley Snipes, Dennis Haysbert, Bob Uecker. Extras: New interviews with Charlie Sheen, Tom Berenger, Corbin Bernsen and Dennis Haysbert; commentary by writer-director David S. Ward and producer Chris Chesser; behind-the-scenes featurettes "My Kinda Team," "A Major League Look at Major League" and "Bob Uecker: Just a Bit Outside"; alternate ending; tour of Cerrano's locker; photo gallery. (Paramount).

Murder in Suburbia Series 2 (2004) Two-disc set with six episodes of the complete second season of the BBC America mystery series about a pair of female detectives who solve crimes in an upscale English suburb. (Acorn Media).

Payback Straight Up: The Director's Cut (1999) Dir.: Brian Helgeland; Mel Gibson, Gregg Henry, Maria Bello, David Paymer, Bill Duke, Deborah Kara Unger, John Glover, William Devane, Lucy Liu, Jack Conley, Kris Kristofferson. Never-before-seen footage. Extras: Commentary by writer-director Brian Helgeland, "Paybacks Are a *****: On Location In Chicago," "Paybacks Are a *****: On the Set In Los Angeles," "Same Story, Different Movie -- Creating Payback: The Director's Cut ," "The Hunter: A Conversation With Author Donald E. Westlake." (Paramount).

Phantasm (1979) Dir.: Don Coscarelli; Michael Baldwin, Angus Scrimm, Reggie Bannister, Bill Thornbury. Remastered with Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 sound. Extras: Commentary by writer-director Don Coscarelli and stars Michael Baldwin, Angus Scrimm and Bill Thornbury; "Phantasmagoria: The Making of Phantasm"; "Phantasm: Behind-the-Scenes"; "Phantasm: Actors Having a Ball"; deleted scenes; 1979 "Phantasm" interview; 1988 Fangoria TV commercial; Angus Scrimm 1989 convention appearance; interview outtakes; trailers for "Phantasm" and "Phantasm III." (Anchor Bay Collection).

Phantasm III (1994) Dir.: Don Coscarelli; Michael Baldwin, Angus Scrimm, Reggie Bannister, Bill Thornbury. Remastered with Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 sound. Extras: Commentary by stars Michael Baldwin and Angus Scrimm, "Phantasm III: Behind the Scenes," trailers for "Phantasm" and "Phantasm III," DVD-ROM screenplay. (Anchor Bay Collection).

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! The Complete Third Season Two-disc set with the last 16 episodes, $34.98. (Warner).

Station Jim (2001 -- TV) George Cole, Charlie Creed-Miles, Laura Fraser. In Victorian England, a dog escapes his mean master and ends up in a small country railway station, where he is taken in by the station porter and the kids from a local orphanage. (BFS Entertainment & Multimedia).

The Streets of San Francisco -- Season One, Volume One Four-disc set with 14 episodes, $42.99. Extras: Army Archerd interview, pilot presentation. (Paramount).

Survival Quest (1989) Dir.: Don Coscarelli; Dermot Mulroney, Catherine Keener, Lance Henriksen, Mark Rolston, Steve Antin, Ben Hammer, Reggie Bannister. Fully restored from original vault elements under the personal supervision of Coscarelli and remastered in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Ex. Extras: "Survival Quest: Behind the Scenes." (Starz Home Entertainment).

Sweeney Todd (2006 --TV) Ray Winstone, Essie Davis, Tom Hardy, David Warner, David Bradley. British drama about the 18th century serial killer. Extras: Additional footage, background essay, filmographies. (Acorn Media).

Teen Titans: The Complete Third Season Two-disc set with 13 episodes, $19.98. Extras: "Teen Titans: Know Your Foes" interactive featurette, "One Show...Two Themes" featurette on the opening score. (Warner).

The Untouchables -- Season One, Volume One Four-disc set with 15 episodes including the unofficial pilot, $42.99. (Paramount).

A Way of Life (2004) Brenda Blethyn, Michael Conway, Gareth Gethyn Evans. Troubled teenagers search for meaning. (BFS Entertainment & Multimedia).

Cedar Creek Cinema

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!

10 , april , dvd , releases

Quick Reply

Register Now

Confirm Password
Email Address
Confirm Email Address
Random Question
Random Question #2

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address

Activation requires you reply to an email we will send you after you register... if you do not reply to this email, you will not be able to view certain areas of the forum or certain images... nor will you be able download software.

See our banned email list here: Banned Email List

We DO NOT respond to spamcop, boxtrapper and spamblocker emails... please add @hometheatershack DOT com to your whitelist prior to registering or you will get nowhere on your registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page