Saying farewell to mum - Home Theater Forum and Systems -

post #1 of 24 Old 10-27-13, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Unhappy Saying farewell to mum

My mum is in late stages of a form of motor neuron disease. I've flown over to Adelaide (where she lives) from Sydney (where I live) because there is a good chance that she won't last until Christmas, and its such a horrible thing that I hope she doesn't - as quality of life is non-existent. I wont go into the details of it, as somehow it seems disrespectful.

I fly home on Tuesday and need to say farewell to her that morning. Please pray that the Lord counsels me with wise things to say, if anything.

I genuinely believe that she has a saving Christian faith, which comforts me a lot, but I'd like to make this prayer request that it also gives her comfort and reassurance in her last days, as she is naturally scared - and that the Lord will comfort her and also take her soon to end her suffering.

Thanks all.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 24 Old 10-27-13, 05:58 AM
Elite Shackster
My System
Re: Saying farewell to mum

So sorry to hear about your mother, my prayers are going out for you & your mom now. It's nice that you can spend some quality time with her while your still able. I'm sure she just wants to know how much you love her and appreciate her. Maybe reliving some of the good times. God bless you.
post #3 of 24 Old 10-27-13, 06:11 AM
Elite Shackster
My System
Sorry to hear about your mom billy, as Tonto said enjoy that time with your mom while she is stable.
post #4 of 24 Old 10-27-13, 06:27 AM
Senior Shackster
Muad' Dib
My System
You have my wishes and prayers. Stay strong on your journey brother.

"Fear is the mind killer..."

-- Paul Atreides
post #5 of 24 Old 10-27-13, 08:12 AM
Elite Shackster

Sorry to hear of your mom' sickness.

“Prayer for Those in Their Last Agony”:

"O most merciful Jesus, Lover of souls, I pray Thee, by the agony of Thy most Sacred Heart, and by the sorrows of Thy Immaculate Mother, cleanse in Thine Own Blood the sinners of the whole world who are now in their agony and to die this day. Amen."
post #6 of 24 Old 10-27-13, 08:15 PM
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator
I'm a redneck!
My System

That is unfortunate news of your mom billyo, yet your prayer request and understanding of her situation is admirable. I will be praying for you all.

Cedar Creek Cinema

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #7 of 24 Old 10-28-13, 04:50 AM
Elite Shackster
Silly Girl!

billyo: Bathe her in prayer and the Lord will hear you and provide peace to both of you. Look forward to the day when you will join her in Heaven where she will have no more pain, no more misery.

Hug your pet today!
post #8 of 24 Old 10-29-13, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone - today I said farewell and said all of the things that I wanted to say. I'm back in Sydney now and cannot communicate easily to her due to the creeping paralysis affecting her vocal cords.

She doesnt feel as though she is good enough for heaven and terrified of going to Hell. She has trouble understanding God's forgiveness and grace but I think that finally she is grasping this mystery that is so simple but so profound at the same time, and doesnt yield to a scientific analysis.

We talked about how her being scared is normal and the irrelevance of this, and that Satan loves the lie of telling someone that they are 'not good enough for heaven'

We talked about Jesus' precious blood that guarantees salvation and that nothing anyone can do can overpower that blood and such that it fails to save.

Dear Lord, please give her peace and re-assurance of your Love in these last days or weeks. Please Lord, who is merciful and who wept over death but will make all things right, please let us be together again in paradise to look upon your beautiful face.

Please let her suffering be ended soon, she has run the race and now it is time for her to rest in your arms.

post #9 of 24 Old 10-29-13, 08:39 AM
Elite Shackster
My System

My prayers are with you and your mom, God Bless.

Onkyo TX-NR809 HT receiver
HPS-4000,SR-70, John Allen, Klipsch Heresy, Speakers for L.C.R.
QSC GX-5 power amp for L+R mains
Chase Home Theater PRO-10's for surrounds
Behringer EP 4000 pro amp for the Danley DTS-10 tapped horn sub
Oppo BDP-93 universal BD player
Toshiba HD XA2 HD dvd player
Sony VW-VPLPRO1 1080p PJ
Cinema White 1.0 gain 106" fixed frame screen
Dish network with 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey
post #10 of 24 Old 10-29-13, 08:56 AM
Elite Shackster
My System

Awesome! thats more than good enough. Rest assured that as long as her heart is with those words she will go to Heaven.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

farewell , mum

Quick Reply

Register Now

Confirm Password
Email Address
Confirm Email Address
Random Question
Random Question #2

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address

Activation requires you reply to an email we will send you after you register... if you do not reply to this email, you will not be able to view certain areas of the forum or certain images... nor will you be able download software.

See our banned email list here: Banned Email List

We DO NOT respond to spamcop, boxtrapper and spamblocker emails... please add @hometheatershack DOT com to your whitelist prior to registering or you will get nowhere on your registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page