ANYbody else more into concerts than movies? - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 22 Old 03-30-07, 08:40 PM
Senior Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Rodny

Re: ANYbody else more into concerts than movies?

I have couple of DVD concerts, Eagles Hell freezes over, Bela Fleck & the Flecktones Live at the quick , Electric Light Orchestra Zoom, REM perfect square, Stomp out loud, and my favorite 3 Doors Down Away from the sun and I have VH1 Storytellers, Matchbox 20, Sara McLachlan, Natalie Merchant and Rod Stewart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 04-16-07, 09:40 PM
welshstar
Inactive

Hi

Id like to suggest a few disks that you might not though that I love

Magenta - The Gathering, this is a Welsh prog rock band and the quality of the recording is incredible

Dio - Holy Diver 2006, great concert footage

Tubular Bells 2 - Live at Edinburgh Castle

Rick Wakeman - Made in Cuba

Queen + Paul Rodgers - 2006 at Sheffield great concert with excellent Bryan May footage

Just a few different ideas to check out

Steve
post #13 of 22 Old 04-20-07, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
John

Quote:
welshstar wrote: View Post
Hi

Dio - Holy Diver 2006, great concert footage

Steve

I'll have to check that out. I have the Evil or Divine dvd.
post #14 of 22 Old 05-25-07, 08:50 AM
Shackster

Bailman

I have to say I am one of those who enjoys concert DVD's over movies. There aren't that many good sounding in my genre's which is a fairly sweeping one. I listen to most except country and classical. Please no flames, just suggestion/recommendations.

With this being said, I will recommend some very good to excellent quality concert DVD's. I am not rating their performance although I am not recommending a lame performance because it looks/sounds VG to excellent. I either purchased these because I rented them and they were outstanding or I bought them because I really liked the artist and found this particular product was very good to excellent, therefore the recommendation.

Bela Fleck: Live at the Quick. An odd fusion group of extremely accomplished musicians.

Joe Satriani: Live in San Fransisco A true contemporary guitar hero playing it all from blues to rock to obscure and amazing technique.

Godsmack: Changes the Movie. Hard Rock originating from the Boston area

Roger Waters In the Flesh. Very clean recording and a great version of Comfortably Numb w/ Doyle Bramhall III. Excellent video quality too!

David Gimore Live. also vg video quality.

Pink Floyd P.U.L.S.E. Great concert with VG sound.

Last edited by Bailman; 06-04-07 at 07:57 AM. Reason: well, I needed to edit damnit!
post #15 of 22 Old 05-29-07, 07:50 PM
Shackster

Ohmen

Two of my favorites that aren't listed here are:
Metallica: S&M with the San Francisco Symphony
Alice in Chains: Unplugged
post #16 of 22 Old 05-30-07, 01:21 AM
HysteriKen
Inactive

I like a lot of the dvd's posted above, my favourite dvd at the moment is Sessions for Robert J. - Eric Clapton, not really a concert as it's all shot in studio's, but well worth a look.
post #17 of 22 Old 05-30-07, 09:42 AM
Shackster

Bailman

Quote:
HysteriKen wrote: View Post
I like a lot of the dvd's posted above, my favourite dvd at the moment is Sessions for Robert J. - Eric Clapton, not really a concert as it's all shot in studio's, but well worth a look.
I'm gonna look into this on netflix
post #18 of 22 Old 05-30-07, 09:45 AM
Shackster

Bailman

Quote:
Ohmen wrote: View Post
Two of my favorites that aren't listed here are:
Metallica: S&M with the San Francisco Symphony
Alice in Chains: Unplugged
I know AIC unplugged is excellent audio, have the CD... How is the audio/vdeo on the dvd? I never thought of checking this out through rental.
post #19 of 22 Old 06-03-07, 12:55 PM
Shackster

AudioBoy

Over all BEST sounding concert dvd I've ever heard is Peter Gabriel's "Still Growing Up/Live and Unwrapped". That is the way a concert should sound, fabulous mix. It looks great too, great video work. The sound of this dvd should be a benchmark, a place all others need to aspire too. While not a bad sounding disc, I wish PULSE from Floyd sounded this great!

Has anybody else seen/heard the "Rush in Rio" concert dvd? I seem to have a problem with this one. No matter what I do, no matter what settings I use on my Yamaha 6200 receiver, Geddy Lee's voice is lost behind the music. You can barely hear him.

I find it hard to believe they could have released this concert dvd with the mix so far off. Seems strange.

AudioBoy
post #20 of 22 Old 06-03-07, 11:44 PM
Shackster

Ohmen

Quote:
Bailman wrote: View Post
I know AIC unplugged is excellent audio, have the CD... How is the audio/vdeo on the dvd? I never thought of checking this out through rental.
It may be my favorite concert DVD. The only hiccup is that it is not wide screen.