What turntable do you still use? - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 144 Old 12-02-09, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System
Re: What turntable do you still use?

Thats very intresting, I've never seen that but I can understand that it would clean the dust out as the record spins as well. Thanks for showing us your system

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 144 Old 12-02-09, 03:56 PM
Senior Shackster
Jeff Grucella

My System

Here is my TT - it`s a Technics SL-10 quartz direct drive linear tracking with ortifon XI-MCP MC cartridge [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by flamingeye; 12-02-09 at 04:06 PM.
post #23 of 144 Old 12-02-09, 07:51 PM
Senior Shackster
Edward

Hey I had one of those!!!! Sold it to a friend a long time ago,...how old is it?

Watts also used to make a dust bug, had a roller and a brush on a clear flat plastic arm that cleaned the record while it played.

post #24 of 144 Old 12-03-09, 10:31 AM
Senior Shackster
Jeff Grucella

My System

I bought it when they first came out in 1980 , this TT is amazing it has worked flawlessly since day one and it`s made of aluminum not plastic like a lot a TT`s where back then I can even pick it up wail playing and not skip the album. It gets used almost daily but I need to get a better cartridge not that this one is bad but like most things a higher grade cart always sounds better
post #25 of 144 Old 12-03-09, 01:05 PM
Senior Shackster
Edward

They don't make stuff like they used to anymore,...29 years and still performing
post #26 of 144 Old 12-03-09, 09:44 PM
Shackster
robh

Quote:
clubfoot wrote: View Post
They don't make stuff like they used to anymore,...29 years and still performing

38 At least going by the date on the motor...

That is, if you're talking about mine. Had one of those Technics about 15 years ago. I liked it quite a bit. Still, I'd trade either for Grif's set up

Center: Polk CSi 5 | Mains: Polk RTi 12 | Surrounds: Polk F/Xi 3 | Rear: Polk RTi 70 | Sub: 2 Miller and Kreisel V-125s | AVR: Pioneer SC-05 | DVD: Pioneer DV-45A | Cassette: Pioneer CT-W59 | Turntable: Empire 208/298 w/ Rega 250 and Shelter 501 cart | Blu-Ray/Gaming: PS3 | Display: Samsung LN46A580P6F | 3 Mackie FR1400 and 1 FR800 for power

Last edited by robh; 12-03-09 at 09:54 PM.
post #27 of 144 Old 12-04-09, 06:09 PM
Banned!

Bob

Quote:
The Grif wrote: View Post
Here's a few of my Scheu Analog Premier Mk II with Scheu Classic MkII 12" tonearm with Zu modded Denon DL-103R.

Attachment 16638

Attachment 16639

Attachment 16640
Now, that's pretty cool!

* I don't feel anymore to post any pictures of my two main turntables: a Pioneer Belt-drive PL-514 with Audio Technica AT120E cartridge, and a Sony Lineartracking PS-LX500 with Audio Technica AT112EP cartridge.

Last edited by Lordoftherings; 12-04-09 at 06:33 PM. Reason: *
post #28 of 144 Old 12-04-09, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

Quote:
Lordoftherings wrote: View Post
I don't feel anymore to post any pictures of my two main turntables
Think how I feel, My TT is garbage compared to the others shown here. Its really neat to see

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #29 of 144 Old 12-04-09, 09:09 PM
Shackster
robh

If it sounds good, it's not . If you saw my table up close, you'd understand what I mean.

Center: Polk CSi 5 | Mains: Polk RTi 12 | Surrounds: Polk F/Xi 3 | Rear: Polk RTi 70 | Sub: 2 Miller and Kreisel V-125s | AVR: Pioneer SC-05 | DVD: Pioneer DV-45A | Cassette: Pioneer CT-W59 | Turntable: Empire 208/298 w/ Rega 250 and Shelter 501 cart | Blu-Ray/Gaming: PS3 | Display: Samsung LN46A580P6F | 3 Mackie FR1400 and 1 FR800 for power
post #30 of 144 Old 12-05-09, 06:20 AM
Banned!

Bob

Nah, my turntables don't sound that good, too much feedback from the arm's pickup.
It sounds too bassy, too blotted, not enough clarity, loss of details...
Of course, the sound is warmer, more tuby, richer, smoother and mellower, but still...
It's Ok for a change I guess.

They are not just audiophile turntables, that's all.
And besides, with only about thousand albums, no big of a deal. I listened to them many times already.

Like I said, for a change in the sound, just for getting away once in a while from CDs.

* When I'm really serious, and sitting right in my chair in the middle, between my speakers, I'll put an SACD or even a Blu-ray disc.
Not playing much anymore my DVD Audios now, but they sure sound good too.

))) One other thing; nothing comes close to the art of playing an LP. It's a true art form, a unique way to fiddle, fine tune, adjusting, calibrating, weighting, dusting, looking at that vinyl rotating in it's circular base, transcending, so many things fun to adjust, and readjust, experimenting, listening, redoing it again, relistening again, smiling, being satisfy, feeling relaxed, mellowing, imagining between images from your two front speakers, really realising that when you're sitting in your usual chair, it is not the same chair anymore, she is just more comfortable somehow, just like by magic, hard to explain and describe, but it's there, you can experience it, you do experience it; ...yah, a turntable spinning an album is all that, and much more...
... I know, I live with few of them for over 40 years, and still...

Last edited by Lordoftherings; 12-05-09 at 06:40 AM. Reason: ))) & typo