iPhone 7/7 Plus - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

2Likes

post #1 of 45 Old 10-13-16, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
iPhone 7/7 Plus

Anybody else out there a fan of the Apple brand? I've owned every iteration except last years 6S/6S Plus. I just didn't see enough improvement over the 6 Plus that I currently own. When the Samsung Note 7 was released I seriously considered giving Android a try. Not that I was unhappy with the iPhone lineup even though they have recently fallen behind in tech features of some Android flagships. The battery issues started circulating on the Note and it obviously gave me pause. My entire ecosystem is Apple and I decided if it ain't broke don't fix it. My 7 Plus will be here tomorrow (Matte Black/128 GB) and I think it will be a worthy upgrade from the 6 Plus. It looks as though next year's iPhone might be the one to have but I just couldn't wait. What's everyone's phone/OS of choice? Not looking for a flame war as both have their strengths and weaknesses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 10-13-16, 09:52 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: iPhone 7/7 Plus

Hi Jeff! I have a 6s plus, and totally love it. You're gonna love 3D Touch. It makes things so much easier and smoother. I would recommend a google search for tips on maximizing your usage. I think anyone using a 6 series phone now will find the 7 a very worthy upgrade. "S" users can still benefit, but not nearly as much. IMO. The biggest notable jump from the "S" to the 7 is the camera. I watched apples keynote for iPhone 7, and it's cameras and it is amazing. Also the tech that's packed into the air pods is crazy, accept when I meet Tim Cook, I'm going to ask why one of the richest companies in the world with some of the best hardware/software insists on shipping out the MOST uncomfortable ear buds on the planet. Dumb....
I'm on iOS 10.1 beta 3. I've never done the beta program before, but my kid did and iOS 10 is just too much fun.
Not putting wood on your flame pile here but as you mentioned android possibly having advancements over iOS, I feel no need to test their waters. Their isn't anything I can't do that they can. Almost everyone I've ever asked about using some of androids features didn't even know what I was talking about, and although it's gotten better over the years, I feel like iOS just works. No . Congrats on the upgrade. You're gonna love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 45 Old 10-13-16, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Thanks for the very thorough reply Willis! The tech I'd love to see Apple address is wireless charging, and of course the display. I would also like to see wide angle shots with the front facing camera. For the most part I want a phone that works glitch free and that will get me through the day. Maybe why I always go back to Apple?
post #4 of 45 Old 10-13-16, 11:01 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Roger that! I think I stay with apple for the same reasons as you. Not to mention the battery in this thing is crazy good. What do think about the 3.5 Jack going away?

post #5 of 45 Old 10-14-16, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System

I'm ok with it to be honest. I know we're not getting the highest quality of music with wireless headphones/earbuds but I think that will be addressed soon. I believe that can be remedied with built in DAC's right? Speaking of quality that's another thing I'd like Apple to implement soon. Maybe a phone capable of high res tunes.
post #6 of 45 Old 10-14-16, 06:36 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

In another year or two, Apple phones might finally catch up to my two-year old Sony Xperia Z3v.
post #7 of 45 Old 10-14-16, 06:51 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Quote:
DqMcClain wrote: View Post
In another year or two, Apple phones might finally catch up to my two-year old Sony Xperia Z3v.

Curious, what does it do that mine won't?

post #8 of 45 Old 10-14-16, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
DqMcClain wrote: View Post
I'm going to take the high road with my response. I don't know much about your particular phone. I actually did flirt with the Note 7 and LG V20 before commiting to another iPhone. Gotta say many of the features of the Note 7 were impressive but when I went into the store the salesperson told me there was a recall but things should open back up soon for ordering. Needless to say we all know how that turned out. The V20 also had my attention until I found out it didn't have the water protection feature my 7 Plus has. At the end of the day I love iOS and the smoothness of the entire Apple ecosystem. My 6 Plus worked just as good 2 years after the initial purchase as the day I bought it. In the end I chose the quality and refinement of Apple over the glitzy specs of Android. Like a BMW over a Dodge Hellcat the specs might not compare but when we race that course I like my chances.
post #9 of 45 Old 10-14-16, 07:25 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Hellcat needs 700hp to drag its fat butt around !!!!

post #10 of 45 Old 10-14-16, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System

You just need to keep it on straight roads. I really don't want this thread to become what that poster implied. That whole argument is really old and tired and is of no use to anybody. There really are things in Android phones I'd love to see Apple incorporate. Apple needs to step up the "tech" game and I know they will. Steve Jobs has been sorely missed but Apple will get it right as they have the brightest minds in the business on payroll. They might still be a step behind but like always when they take that step it's the right one and everyone else will follow. Willis, do you miss that 3.5mm port yet? Not me!