Gulf Oil Spill - Oil Volcano Pressure Too Strong For Containment - Home Theater Forum and Systems -

post #1 of 5 Old 06-15-10, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator
I'm a redneck!
My System
Gulf Oil Spill - Oil Volcano Pressure Too Strong For Containment

I am not sure how many of you are following the situation we have going on in the Gulf of Mexico, but I know you have least heard about it no the news, if you watch the news any at all.

This has become very very serious and is already effected the lives of tens of thousands of people and over the next six months this figure will surely rise to hundreds of thousands.

We have visited Ft. Walton Beach a couple of times over the last few weeks looking at a pontoon boat, that we purchased and I will be picking up tomorrow. While we were down there we could sense the anxiety and intensity that this oil spill situation is creating. This is one reason we got such a seriously great deal on our boat... they can't sell them down there. There are dealers with boat inventory up in the millions who have not sold a boat in 60 days and they are calling dealers up north in an attempt to lay off their inventory to these dealers. It is basically to a point where you cannot put a boat in the Gulf, other that the bay areas and the eastern and southern most parts of the Gulf coast.

People are getting jittery and for good reason. Businesses are closing left and right... construction is being halted mid-stream of completion. People are abandoning their condos and vacation homes. On the positive side this has increased land and home values further north in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama, especially lake front properties. Those that are able are dumping their beach property and buying up lake front properties. We are seeing some strange things going on. We have also been looking at lake front properties just 30-40 minutes south of us on Gantt Lake... we have been looking for nearly 30 days now. Properties that have been on the market for over a year are beginning to get a lot of activity... and there are several homes that have been placed for sale at ridiculous prices over the last week or two. It is truly amazing at what all is happening.

The info below is traveling all over the web. It may very well be a hoax... although a quick search does not reveal this to me. Some of it may be a bit far fetched... then again it may all be completely on the money... either way, it is very serious and some of these suggestions are not completely over the top. I wonder just how bad it could really be if there is no way to stop it.

Oil Volcano Pressure Too Strong For Containment

Dr. James P. Wickstrom

It has been estimated by experts that the pressure which blows the oil into the Gulf waters is estimated to be between 20,000 and 70,000 PSI (pounds per square inch). Impossible to control.

What US Scientists Are Forbidden To Tell The Public About The Gulf

What you are about to read, is what the scientists in the United States are not allowed to tell you in great fear of the Obama administration.

They are under the threat of severe repercussions to the max.. Scientists confirming these findings cannot be named due to the above, but what they believe, they want to be known by all.

Take a U. S. map, lay it flat and measure inland just the minimum 50 miles of total destruction all around the Gulf of Mexico as to what you will read below.

The carnage to the United States is so staggering, it will take your breathe away.

Should what the scientists who are trying to warn everyone about be even close to being true... all of Florida will be completely destroyed as will everyone and everything on it.

You decide!! Everyone has the right to read what I have just written in this article, as well as to what is written below by the scientists who the Obama administration and BP are trying to shut up.

Please share with as many as you can.

--Dr. James P. Wickstrom

The estimated super high pressure release of oil from under the earth's crust is between 80,000 to 100,000 barrels per day.

The flow of oil and toxic gases is bringing up with it... rocks and sand which causes the flow to create a sandblasting effect on the remaining well head device currently somewhat restricting the flow, as well as the drilled hole itself.

As the well head becomes worn it enlarges the passageway allowing an ever-increasing flow. Even if some device could be placed onto the existing wellhead, it would not be able to shut off the flow, because what remains of the existing wellhead would not be able to contain the pressure.

The well head piping is originally about 2 inches thick. It is now likely to be less than 1 inch thick, and thinning by each passing moment. The oil has now reached the Gulf Stream and is entering the Oceanic current which is at least four times stronger than the current in the Gulf, which will carry it throughout the world within 18 months.

The oil along with the gasses, including benzene and many other toxins, is deleting the oxygen in the water. This is killing all life in the ocean. Along with the oil along the shores, there will be many dead fish, etc. that will have to be gathered and disposed of.

At some point the drilled hole in the earth will enlarge itself beneath the wellhead to weaken the area the wellhead rests upon. The intense pressure will then push the wellhead off the hole allowing a direct unrestricted flow of oil, etc.

The hole will continue to increase in size allowing more and more oil to rise into the Gulf. After several billion barrels of oil have been released, the pressure within the massive cavity five miles beneath the ocean floor will begin to normalize.

This will allow the water, under the intense pressure at 1 mile deep, to be forced into the hole and the cavity where the oil was. The temperature at that depth is near 400 degrees, possibly more.

The water will be vaporized and turned into steam, creating an enormous amount of force, lifting the Gulf floor. It is difficult to know how much water will go down to the core and therefore, its not possible to fully calculate the rise of the floor.

The tsunami wave this will create will be anywhere from 20 to 80 feet high, possibly more. Then the floor will fall into the now vacant chamber. This is how nature will seal the hole.

Depending on the height of the tsunami, the ocean debris, oil, and existing structures that will be washed away on shore and inland, will leave the area from 50 to 200 miles inland devoid of life. Even if the debris is cleaned up, the contaminants that will be in the ground and water supply will prohibit re-population of these areas for an unknown number of years.

(End of scientists information release.) From Tom Buyea FL News Service

Cedar Creek Cinema

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 Old 06-15-10, 01:51 PM
Elite Shackster
My System
Re: Gulf Oil Spill - Oil Volcano Pressure Too Strong For Containment

I feel really bad for the people whose lives depend on the Gulf and its water for fishing and other employment.
I also do think allot of what is said above is very possible and it does make me question why BP and the US government is not doing more. Its no so deep that maned deep sea rovers cant get to it and even James Cameron has said it can be done.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #3 of 5 Old 06-15-10, 08:19 PM
Plain ole user
Tech Guru
Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

It looks to me like Wickstrom is a nut and his information and doomsday scenario does not make sense. At some point we may have to consider something like the technique the Russians used. ut It might not take a nuke but something conventional on a very large scale.

Regardless, this is a great example of how when unknown risks are involved, government must take regulatory action at a much higher level and assure that the engineering is worked out with plans to deal with the unexpected. The oversight on this process was simply not adequate. I am not in favor of much government regulation, but there are many cases where safety cannot be left to the bean counters in corporations.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-15-10, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator
I'm a redneck!
My System

Obama stated tonight that new containment measures will capture up to 90 percent of the oil before relief wells can stop the leak in August, if all goes well.

"We will fight this spill with everything we've got for as long it takes," Obama said. "We will make BP pay for the damage their company has caused. And we will do whatever's necessary to help the Gulf Coast and its people recover from this tragedy. "

He said he will meet with BP chairman Tony Hayward Wednesday and "inform him that he is to set aside whatever resources are required to compensate the workers and business owners who have been harmed as a result of his company's recklessness." The fund would be administered by a third party. Current law sets a $75 million liability limit, above the cost of cleanup, on oil companies but there is momentum in Congress to lift that limit.

Cedar Creek Cinema

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #5 of 5 Old 06-16-10, 09:19 AM
Elite Shackster

I just had to pipe-in: that doomsday prediction was an exact parallel of one hvac technician's prediction of our system when he came to our house. First, "the system will overheat, followed by internal shorting and eventually fire, which could burn our house down". Oh, the reason we called him? We were having our semi-annual system check

Don't get me wrong, this is an absolutely horrible disaster. I grew up on the TX coast and my parents still live there and I feel for the people on the eastern Gulf coast. I remember as a kid in the 70's going to Galveston and stepping on tar 'blobs' which had to be removed with paint thinner or the like. Not originating from flumes of oil, but little quarter sized chunks that I stepped on.

The only half-witted thing I've seen done is demanding BP to drill a second relief well. Can you imagine? BP was only going to drill one until the US govt demanded they get to drilling two!!! They didn't want to spend the 'extra' money drilling a second well. Wow, the stupidity and greed is mind-boggling. BP had better stand up, tell shareholders no payout this year(~12 billion in usable funds), and pay the damages and cleanup, period.

containment , gulf , pressure , spill , strong , volcano

Quick Reply

Register Now

Confirm Password
Email Address
Confirm Email Address
Random Question
Random Question #2

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address

Activation requires you reply to an email we will send you after you register... if you do not reply to this email, you will not be able to view certain areas of the forum or certain images... nor will you be able download software.

See our banned email list here: Banned Email List

We DO NOT respond to spamcop, boxtrapper and spamblocker emails... please add @hometheatershack DOT com to your whitelist prior to registering or you will get nowhere on your registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page