The Official 2013 College Football TALKING SMACK Thread - Page 9 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #81 of 475 Old 09-14-13, 05:54 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Why do I see the character Bane when looking at Oregons helmets?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 475 Old 09-14-13, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System
Re: The Official 2013 College Football TALKING SMACK Thread

Come on Bama!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #83 of 475 Old 09-14-13, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

Man... what a nail-biter... if I had nails to bite.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #84 of 475 Old 09-14-13, 07:08 PM
Shackster
Scott

The only thing that would have made this game better is Keith Jackson calling it. Oh Nelly! Miss him as an announcer.
post #85 of 475 Old 09-14-13, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

Yeah... these two guys don't bother me as much as they bother some other folks, but Keith knew how to make it exciting and he was very fair.

Another amazing Johnny play... just can't defend it.

post #86 of 475 Old 09-14-13, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

Finally... our only option (as will it be for every other team they play) was to outscore them.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

post #87 of 475 Old 09-14-13, 07:34 PM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System

Well, I've been here at work since 2 am (only reason I was posting that early) and now it looks like I'm missing all the action. From Sonnies reaction I'm guessing Bama rolled. And I hear FSU also won, glad I got my daughter to record it at least. Man, game day call is killing me. But hey, I'm saving lives!
post #88 of 475 Old 09-14-13, 08:27 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
Holy footballs Batman U of M barely/luckily past Akron? Glad I was at work and could only listen visions of App State were running around my head.
post #89 of 475 Old 09-15-13, 09:00 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

[quote=Sonnie;638846]Finally... our only option (as will it be for every other team they play) was to outscore them.

tROLL TIDE tROLL![/quote]

Yeah, that idea that exploiting the weakness in the secondary would be enough to beat bama turned out to be just as silly as I suspected. Any team that is going to beat them will have to do that AND beat them at the line and stop the running game. Same as always.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #90 of 475 Old 09-15-13, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

If our offensive had not shown up like they didn't with VTech... it would have been a serious beat down by A&M... they would have killed us. Thankfully, our offensive line never allowed our QB to touch the grown and the blocking was phenomenal... we pounded the ball down the field without any problems. Although I suspect A&M's defense (despite having several of their starters back from suspension) might not stack up to VTechs, who prepared for us all summer long.

Good thing about this game is that Saban will have tons of video to work with his secondary. If we can improve our secondary like we improved our offensive line in a couple of weeks, we can make some serious headway on improving. Yet... I think about any defensive backfield is going to have trouble stopping Johnny. The guy is eerily accurate... and even when he just chunks it up in the air for grabs he has this fearful luck about him that is just unbelievable. His ability to escape the sack is uncanny... as is the ability of his receivers to get open as he is scrambling.

LSU might be the only other team that has a chance against them this year, otherwise I think they walk all over everyone else, although they may still get some points scored against them. They will outscore their opponents for the most part.