FS: Krell Showcase 7 Channel Amplifer - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

2Likes
  • 2 Post By Talley

post #1 of 5 Old 09-05-16, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Krell Showcase 7 Channel Amplifer

Selling my Krell Showcase 7 channel amplifier. Amp only no power cord. Information on the amp can be found here: http://krellonline.com/assets/support/0156_021_MAN.pdf

Recently had all the caps in replaced due to distortion by a StereoRehab in Chicago. Amp has been checked and is to original spec. Refreshed and has warranty through stereorehab until 7/2016. Receipt for the work will be included.

$1800. I can accept paypal and will take care of the fees but actual shipping cost is on buyer. Item will come in a box that is 25x24x10 and weighs 68lbs. Item zip location is 77346 so you can figure actual shipping costs.

I would rather keep the krell over the XPA-7 because to me this amp sounds better but trying to ship the XPA-7 with it being 110lbs is next to impossible at this point but the Krell already is boxed, fully protected and the weight is much more manageable and I can only keep one amp at this point so the Krell must go.

Basic specs are 125w 8 ohms, 250w 4 ohms. sound and vision did measurements on the amp back when here: http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...jvXQwZTcwfZ.97

It's a stellar performer and built like a tank however because it is CLASS A input, predriver and driver stages it puts off that CLASS A heat. It gets hot and myself and the previous owners failed to recognize it requires adequate ventilation therefore started distorting. I had the shop go through and repair and verify all measurements to original spec and I've tested and verified it sounds great.
Attached Thumbnails
Krell Showcase 7 Channel Amplifer-20141213_225456.jpg  

Krell Showcase 7 Channel Amplifer-krell.jpg  

Master Electrician

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

XPA-7 & Krell Showcase 7 | XMC-1 | SVS Ultra Tower system | HSU VTF-15H MK2 | BenQ W1070 | Jamestown 135"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-05-16, 02:22 PM

Ron

My System
Re: Krell Showcase 7 Channel Amplifer

If you like the Krell more... Why don't you try selling the other amp via Craigslist, or maybe eBay classifieds?

Ron

My Home Theater
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360A/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (2) Intel NUCs, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Panamorph UH-480 lens, (2) Crest Audio 2208, Yamaha XM-4080 & P7000s, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, Oppo UDP-203

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-05-16, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Quote:
ellisr63 wrote: View Post
If you like the Krell more... Why don't you try selling the other amp via Craigslist, or maybe eBay classifieds?
I am doing that also. Right now though the Krell will yield me a higher return and my main hobby is photography and have purchased the new Canon 5D4 and just trying to recoup some of that investment.
Blacklightning and ellisr63 like this.

Master Electrician

XPA-7 & Krell Showcase 7 | XMC-1 | SVS Ultra Tower system | HSU VTF-15H MK2 | BenQ W1070 | Jamestown 135"
post #4 of 5 Old 01-02-17, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

This guy is still available

Master Electrician

post #5 of 5 Old 01-02-17, 10:01 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Quote:
Talley wrote: View Post
I am doing that also. Right now though the Krell will yield me a higher return and my main hobby is photography and have purchased the new Canon 5D4 and just trying to recoup some of that investment.
Nice camera Tally, my second hobby is photography but I am not in a position to buy a good camera at this time. Still using a 60D but it works well.

I think I really like the new mirrorless cameras, they are much easier to manipulate. Not sure they are as good as a regular dslr but what the .

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"