Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: Monitor Audio Silver HT

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Josuah 
#1 ·
Selling my seven speaker Monitor Audio Silver series home theater system because I am upgrading. One of the main speakers has a small ding in the top. All speakers are in great condition otherwise, and acoustically excellent. The four surround speakers have holes drilled in the back for OmniMount wall or ceiling mounts, per instructions by Monitor Audio.

These are wonderful, highly regarded speakers from the UK. They feature special C-CAM drivers, which are a composite metal for high rigidity without ringing. From Stereophile's recent review of the Monitor Audio Silver RS6: "the flawless and exceptional Silver RS6 gave me more listening pleasure than any other loudspeaker I have reviewed for Stereophile. In my more than 20 years of reviewing, I have not reviewed an audio component that produced greater sound quality per dollar than Monitor Audio's Silver RS6."

Speakers are:
Monitor Audio Silver S8 (left and right) - 2 speakers - orig. $1500/pair
35Hz-30kHz +/-3dB with 91dB@1W@1m and 6 ohms

Monitor Audio Silver SLCR (center) - 1 speaker - orig. $700
45Hz-30kHz +/-3dB with 91dB@1W@1m and 6 ohms

Monitor Audio Silver Sfx (surrounds) - 4 speakers - orig. $800/pair
60Hz-30kHz +/-3dB with 89dB@1W@1m and 8 ohms

Original price: $3800
Asking: $1900 + shipping

I accept cash, and PayPal adds 3%. Prefer local pick up but will ship. I have all original boxes and packaging, except for the SLCR.

More information at Monitor Audio web site:
http://www.monitoraudiousa.com/products/silver/s_series/index.htm

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
All four Sfx's are sold. Asking $1100 or best offer for the S8's and SLCR. Will ship.

#3 ·
Everything sold.

#4 ·
Hey Josuah,
I know this was a while back, but why did you upgrade & to what did you bump up?
Thanks for any insight,
Phil

#5 ·
I wanted a vertical upgrade, not horizontal. I went with an Onix Reference system from AV123. Reference 3's for the mains. DIY subwoofers for no-compromise bass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.