Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

TC Sounds DIY Dual Subwoofer System For Sale

8K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  NickTF 
#1 ·
You are looking at a pair of DIY professionally crafted subwoofers for home audio. The cabinets are internally braced with detailed heavy bracing that I have many pics of. They were constructed by Phil Salisbury of Woodlawn Cabinetry and contain 7.5 cubic feet of internal volume each. The woofer array includes 1 TC Sounds DVC 15" 2000 woofer and one TC Sounds 18" VMP Variable Tuning Passive Radiator in each of the two cabinets. This sale is for the pair. The woofers have 28mm of linear one way xmax and the radiators have 40mm of linear one way xmax. The Passive Radiators can be adjusted with the washers coming with the auction to obtain tuning from 24hz all the way down to 10hz (washers are slid on the back and held on with the large retaining nut). System is currently tuned for 20hz. This system will shake your entire house and have detail that is simply amazing while doing it. This is an absolute top not system. I've used 2400 watts between the pair and now have 3600 watts between the pair. They sound terrific with this power and simply will not distort no matter how hard you push them. The 2400 watt amp (Behringer EP2500) is very popular and can be obtained from $290 bran new all day for use with this pair of super home subwoofers. This sale is for the woofers/enclosures only, no amplifier is supplied.

These woofers alone from TC Sounds are now $799 each after their pricing restructure with radiators being $180 a piece. That's over $1900 in drivers alone! Understand that this subwoofer system is simply one of the best PERIOD!

You'll notice in the drawings posted below there is a space listed as dead space. I've since opened this space up with a hole saw internally to bring the volume all the way up to 7.5 cubic feet total. Phill originally thought I was against the idea of a larger internal volume which is why he closed out that space. I was not so I opened it up.

I'm asking $1500 for the pair but will entertain REASONABLE offers. This system will annialate any popular off the shelf system. The only reason i'm selling is to implement an infitie baffle system in my new home and that's it. I have way way more money and time in this setup then my asking price reflects. Enjoy!

I live in Laurel De 19956. It is about 10 miles north of Salisbury Md. I will not pay shipping on this system and if you live close enough I will be willing to meet halfway to transport, etc. I can work out details with any serious buyers.

See less See more
#4 ·
Understand that one of these cabinets will displace a good bit more air at 20hz then a single 18" model from Velodyne. At 20hz you are getting the full 40mm of xmax of the 18" passive radiator of each cabinet, 40mm is excursion the 18" Velodyne can only dream of. Not only that but you are talking about a pair of 18" passive radiators at 40mm xmax at 20hz. The 18" driver in the Velodyne subs is probably more in the 25mm xmax range so you are talking about 6 litres of displacement from the 18" velodyne model vs. 9.6 litres of displacement of each of my cabinets, or 19 litres total at 20hz. That's more then three times the output of a 18" model from velodyne at 20hz. Think about this next time you bid $1000 for a used unit from Velodyne:)

#7 ·
really really really don't need them - but can offer $725 if all else fails. most members in the DIY community already have a killer system. I acutally don't want them - but in the event that all of your other sales fall through and you are still desperate to get rid of them, I can meet you for a local sale at $725.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.