Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home Theater Brothers Anamorphic Lens $535 Shipped

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Sonnie 
#1 · (Edited)
Greets all:

So I've been fussing with this Home Theater Brothers Anamorphic lens for about 16 hours now...it's just not going to work with my Mitsubishi HC5500 because the projector lens is so very recessed in the plastic housing. :hissyfit:

I could probably get it to work if I removed ot cut off some plastic, but I don't feel like voiding my warranty (for once). :innocent:

HTB Anamorphic lens looks to be a great product, and I want 2:40:1 so bad I'm even tempted to sell my Mitsu for a projector that will work, but the truth is I think my fiance and I will be happy with a 124" 16:9 screen.

So I'm selling the Home Theater Brothers lens for $535 shipped (to lower 48). First one to hit me up with Cash, Money Order, or Pay Pal gets it. I *might* consider trading the HTB lens for a high end Onkyo Receiver like the SR805 and up (I'd add some cash for a higher end one like the 906).

Feel free to E-mail me with any questions or offers: LonelyRaven@hotmail.com

**SOLD**

See less See more
#4 ·
Nothing to do with the lens or bracket itself. It's the projector that held me back.

On the HC5500, the projector lens is recessed more than an inch and a half inside the plastic bezel. So even if you (literally) press the HTB lens right up to the plastic bezel, the projected image doesn't clear the metal box of the HTB lens and you lose some light (vignetting I believe the term is).

I could have modified the HC5500 by removing the plastic bezel around the projector lens allowing the HTB lens to get in closer and allowing the image a clear shot through the prizms, but that opens up another can of worms with Warranty issues and also dust issues. An AVS forum member PM'd me and said this worked for him, and he taped up any openings that might suck dust in...but I don't want to muck with my $2000 projector (which is odd because I break warranties all the time, but I can't afford the risk this year with reduced paychecks and no raise).

Looking at this photo, you can see that your HC6500 andmy HC5500 are way different...your projector has, what 3/4" recess at best? No worries there IMHO. Where as my HC5500 is a dark cave of a barrel around the projector lens. Which is probably good for catching any stray photons, but not good for matching up with a small box of an Anamorphic lens.

I hope that helps some. I love my HC5500, I love it's sharpness and pricepoint to death. So I decided to give up the lens instead of giving up the projector and trying to afford something more suited to the HTB lens.

Again, the Home Theater Brother lens was not at fault, it was just a missmatch of equipment. I'd totally buy the HTB lens again if things were different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.