Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

monitor out using a 480i tv

Tags
480i monitor
2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  eugovector 
#1 ·
I have a quick question if you guys don't mine. I have a htpc running vista. My video card is a lowly gforce 256 agp 6600 OC. I have a 7.1 sound card out putting dig. coax to my onkyo sr605 avr. I'm running two channel pre-outs to my intergrated amp up stairs for zone two. The tv that I'm connecting to up stairs is 480i with the composite ,s ,and component video inputs. When I'm watching movies down stairs and my wife is up stairs listening to tunes from the htpc I want her to be able to see what songs she wants to play and choose them. I have a 2.4 gig keyboard that works fine ,so that's okay. Will a basic tv hookup show my mouse so I can use my tv as a monitor? I have a 25' vga breakout cable with rca ends if i need to come from the video card vga out.

#5 · (Edited)
I can't get video out using a vga breakout to "S" / composite video cable. I think i have a "S" to composite cable somewhere ,because i don't have a "S" video cable long enough. I hope this is not all for not. I would hate to setup a 15" monitor up stairs just to see my media center music file.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.