Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

New Product: Anti-Mode 8033

15K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  brandon123 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am pleased to announce that we will now be selling and supporting the Anti-Mode 8033 automatic subwoofer equalizer from DSPeaker in Finland. This product has been well received around the world and there are a number of reviews out there including Stereophile magazine.

Anti-Mode 8033

Pricing is US $350 C $380 including shipping. If you buy it together with a CSS sub driver or subwoofer kit the bundle price is US $250 C $275. Please email for special instructions on the bundling.

Inventory is expected by the 9th. There are also some other products coming from DSPeaker which we may be carrying in the future.

Bob

Audio equipment Electronic device Technology Electronics Electronic component

See less See more
#10 ·
I'm interested in the Anti-Mode device. However, I have dual subs. Is there a stereo version?

#12 ·
I have two major problems with multiple mono subs.

1. If CD and other digital media is not mixed mono below 100Hz, why wouldn't/shouldn't I go with the source material and have full range stereo playback? LP playback although usually mixed mono below 100Hz sounds better with two subs.

2. I run two subs in stereo. There is an audible improvement over one sub or running two in mono.

Have you considered giving a discount when two or more are purchased simultaneously?

#14 ·
Is it possible to use the antimode in conjunction with the sms1 so you can see a graph?

#16 ·
I would think so but I am not sure, I am thinking about getting the antimode and then maybe after it does it's thing tweek it a little more with the sms. Maybe Bob could chime in and tell us what he thinks???

#17 · (Edited)
I got the antimode and it works great. It really helped set up the Danley and it now sounds much cleaner and tighter with plenty of punch. I will say that when calibrating in between the sweeps there is electronic thump that when it happens makes the DTS10 shook my whole house.:hsd: My wife thought the windows were going to break.:bigsmile:

#19 · (Edited)
deleted.......

#20 ·
All,
Tried both the Anti-mode (purchased a week ago) and Audyssey MultiEQ-XT (Denon 989) and here are the results:

First waterfall - Audyssey only (all 8 measurements)

Second waterfall - Anti-mode (2 measurements - primary position + gradient method for second measurement)

As you can see the the anti-mode clearly does a better job but both failed to reduce the ringing at 31.9 hz. Any ideas on how to elimnate this mode? For me, it really muddies the sound a bit.

Green Turquoise Teal Feather Turquoise

Violet Purple Pattern Magenta

#23 ·
I read it somewhere, but I will have to go find it. The comment I made about obvious limitations is in respect of it not being the same as something like the Audyssey eq, which is a true eq of each sub, and then an integration of the two. If you do the subs independently, you can combine the different responses for a single seat, while if you do both subs together, for the second sweep to have any use it would have to be in a different position. I suppose its choosing which of those two would be of the most use to you as an individual.

I'll try find the info on it again, and if I can will link it. The best solution of course, would be to have one Antimode per sub for true stereo eq'ing.

#25 ·
Hi,

I have had feedback from DSPeaker that as many as 8 subs in 1 room have been run from a single Antimode. The phase issue can be handled but I don't know about multiple microphone positions. I'll try to get some more input from Finland.

I'm experimenting with the XTZ Room Analyzer which can handle 3 different microphone positions but it doesn't allow for correction, only analysis.

Bob

#26 ·
Sure, you can run multiple subs from one Antimode. The result is several subs in mono
I run stereo transmission line subs asymmetrically placed and have previously inquired about stereo output on the Antimode. I was told by the importer that the output is mono and two devices would be required for stereo subs. He did offer a small discount if I purchased two at the same time.

#29 ·
Thanks, you beat me to it.

The comparison table is very informative. I have new stock of the Cinema and the original S as well as 1 or 2 slightly used original Cs. Pricing on the CSS website is current. If you'd like one of the older used Cs let me know. The S-II should be available next month sometime.

On Monday I should have my first samples of the new Antimode 2.0 Dual Core. This is targeted at the higher end stereo market and we are exploring how this might be hooked up to a 2.1 or 2.2 installation.

Watch for further updates shortly.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.