CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs - Page 8 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

 
Thread Tools
post #71 of 305 Old 01-29-08, 11:19 AM
Shackster
RichardA
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Posts: 12
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

I was looking at the "multiconvergence" photo on the link above and note that the green grid looks perfect while only the red and blue look wavy. On my set the green is the wavy one. Is this an IC problem with the green or is there a seperate more likely cause? I'd hate to do all the work for nothing. Thanks.
inn8pwr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 305 Old 02-03-08, 02:01 PM
Fast Hound
Inactive
 
Posts: n/a
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

Thanks for this great forum. Yesterday I replaced the two STK392-120 ICs in my Phillips 60PP9202. Green was out of convergence when I would first turn on the TV. After it was allowed to warm up and I turned it off & on a few times, it would clear up. However, I knew one or both of the ICs were going bad. While I was replaceing the ICs, in error, I did not check the resisters. Know when I turn it on, the colors are in convergence, but the entire picture is bowed like an hour-glass layed on its side.

Might this be one or more of the resisters?

I have also read that it may be a "Convergence Amp", is this different that the ICs?

Thanks for any direction you can give me.
post #73 of 305 Old 02-03-08, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
 
lcaillo's Avatar
Tech Guru
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gainesville, FL, USA
Posts: 11,012
Send a message via AIM to lcaillo
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

Quote:
inn8pwr wrote: View Post
I was looking at the "multiconvergence" photo on the link above and note that the green grid looks perfect while only the red and blue look wavy. On my set the green is the wavy one. Is this an IC problem with the green or is there a seperate more likely cause? I'd hate to do all the work for nothing. Thanks.
The green can have the same problems as red and blue. Read the info in the thread about how the circuits work.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
lcaillo is offline  
post #74 of 305 Old 02-03-08, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
 
lcaillo's Avatar
Tech Guru
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gainesville, FL, USA
Posts: 11,012
Send a message via AIM to lcaillo
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

Quote:
Fast Hound wrote: View Post
Thanks for this great forum. Yesterday I replaced the two STK392-120 ICs in my Phillips 60PP9202. Green was out of convergence when I would first turn on the TV. After it was allowed to warm up and I turned it off & on a few times, it would clear up. However, I knew one or both of the ICs were going bad. While I was replaceing the ICs, in error, I did not check the resisters. Know when I turn it on, the colors are in convergence, but the entire picture is bowed like an hour-glass layed on its side.

Might this be one or more of the resisters?

I have also read that it may be a "Convergence Amp", is this different that the ICs?

Thanks for any direction you can give me.

If all of the colors are bowed in you likely have no power to the convergence amps. Check the fuses in the power supply to the chips as well as the resistors. Failure to replace the resistors can damage the new chips, also.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
lcaillo is offline  
post #75 of 305 Old 02-03-08, 10:56 PM
Shackster
RichardA
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Posts: 12
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

Reading the last few links it appears clear that one should check and/or replace the fuses, resistors and possibly convergence amp. I need help identifying these components. I assume a 60w iron will work well on the board and while I'm replacing the IC's perhaps it's best to do the others as well. Any info on the the part numbers and location for online ordering are also very helpful. I'm starting to think that my local shop should get involved, but honestly, the guy that showed up seemed to have "no clue" when it came to pioneer models. They just recently became a pioneer shop, but, well,... you know. Thanks for any advise.
inn8pwr is offline  
post #76 of 305 Old 02-04-08, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
 
lcaillo's Avatar
Tech Guru
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gainesville, FL, USA
Posts: 11,012
Send a message via AIM to lcaillo
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

At the top of this thread are some posts that I made that pretty much cover most of the generic information about convergence repairs that you need to know. If you have specific questions after reading that, regarding your situation and your set, please start a new thread. Include the complete model number and specifics about what you have found, done, and need. I will be glad to try to help if I can.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
lcaillo is offline  
post #77 of 305 Old 02-04-08, 09:35 AM
Fast Hound
Inactive
 
Posts: n/a
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

Would you be able to give me some idea on where I can locate the fuses in the power supply to the chips? It is a Philips 60PP9202.
post #78 of 305 Old 02-04-08, 08:38 PM
technoguy
Inactive
 
Posts: n/a
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

Hello lcaillo
I had reading this thread for quiet some time, I have a Sony KP 65 WS 510 and have a huge convergence problem with my set, Yesterday I replaced my STKs(392-560)and checked all my resistors and Ic outputs,but still have problems adjusting my Tv, What else I can do? Did I miss something?Thanks
post #79 of 305 Old 02-04-08, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
 
lcaillo's Avatar
Tech Guru
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gainesville, FL, USA
Posts: 11,012
Send a message via AIM to lcaillo
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

Quote:
Fast Hound wrote: View Post
Would you be able to give me some idea on where I can locate the fuses in the power supply to the chips? It is a Philips 60PP9202.
Philips sets usually have pico fuses soldered into the board on the secondary of the main switching transformer in the power supply. They are often labelled on the board.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
lcaillo is offline  
post #80 of 305 Old 02-04-08, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
 
lcaillo's Avatar
Tech Guru
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gainesville, FL, USA
Posts: 11,012
Send a message via AIM to lcaillo
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

Quote:
technoguy wrote: View Post
Hello lcaillo
I had reading this thread for quiet some time, I have a Sony KP 65 WS 510 and have a huge convergence problem with my set, Yesterday I replaced my STKs(392-560)and checked all my resistors and Ic outputs,but still have problems adjusting my Tv, What else I can do? Did I miss something?Thanks
What kind of problem are you having adjusting the set? Do you have the documentation on the service menu? Do you understand how to align the convergence or are you just using the auto-convergence? The more information you include, the more likely you are to get a meaningful answer.

Please start a new thread with your individual problems.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
lcaillo is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
convergence , dcam , resistors , service menu , shutdown , stk , stk392-110 , stk392-120 , stk392-570 , stk394-160

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now




PLEASE COMPLETE ALL REQUIRED FIELDS BELOW... THANKS!

REQUIRED FIELDS ON THIS PAGE
YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL OF THESE

Username
Password
Confirm Password
Email Address
Confirm Email Address
Random Question
Random Question #2




User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
PLEASE READ BELOW PRIOR TO ENTERING AN EMAIL ADDRESS!

ATTENTION!

YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

Activation requires you reply to an email we will send you after you register... if you do not reply to this email, you will not be able to view certain areas of the forum or certain images... nor will you be able download software.

AN INVALID EMAIL ADDRESS WILL CAUSE YOUR ACCOUNT TO BE DELETED!

See our banned email list here: Banned Email List

We DO NOT respond to spamcop, boxtrapper and spamblocker emails... please add @hometheatershack DOT com to your whitelist prior to registering or you will get nowhere on your registration.


Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML is not allowed!
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 


For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome