Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Need Advice - Toshiba TheaterWide RPTV Drops Audio & Video

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  lcaillo 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a TheaterWide 42H81 which was still kicking it pretty well, until it began dropping audio and video on random.

The audio will kick out at go to a loud static (relative to the volume setting on its speakers). It also drops video in the sense that it will display typically a single color (mostly green or purple) in a static type fashion.

Here are some links to YouTube, with videos showing each of these two problems:

Audio Problem -
Video Problem -

Please let me know what you think it might be or any further information that I might provide that could help. I would also appreciate any instructions on how I can fix it. Thanks everyone!

Sincerely,
John Yossarian

#2 ·
Based on what I am seeing this television is a tube type correct ?

If so, it could very well be a convenience issue which may have to be repaired by a pro.
Does this issue happen on all inputs ??

#6 ·
Most likely. Having simultaneous problems is unlikely. I would be looking for where the signals are missing in the A & V paths and then see what is common to both. That kind of troubleshooting requires a schematic and possibly a scope. The most likely thing for both A & V to have in common is a signal switching circuit or power supply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.