Black Widow Ultra™ Development - Page 8 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

1Likes

post #71 of 239 Old 12-10-13, 03:10 PM
HTS Moderator

Re: Black Widow Ultra™ Development

I believe the code for Veil is 2000-N for NCS, but i am not sure. Probably Mech and Harp will give you the correct answer. The color code is #bebebe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 239 Old 12-10-13, 06:07 PM
Shackster

Quote:
Yiannis1970 wrote: View Post
I believe the code for Veil is 2000-N for NCS, but i am not sure. Probably Mech and Harp will give you the correct answer. The color code is #bebebe.
CIN have NCS . Ncs is natural color system right?
post #73 of 239 Old 12-10-13, 09:52 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Don

Quote:
stryker wrote: View Post
CIN have NCS . Ncs is natural color system right?
Correct. The NCS code for a color close to matching Glidden 'Veil' would be S 2500-N which is a N7.6 on the Munsell gray scale.

The NCS neutral gray codes will be added to our thread in the Sticky.

post #74 of 239 Old 12-11-13, 03:57 AM
Shackster

Quote:
Harpmaker wrote: View Post
Correct. The NCS code for a color close to matching Glidden 'Veil' would be S 2500-N which is a N7.6 on the Munsell gray scale.

The NCS neutral gray codes will be added to our thread in the Sticky.
both Pocolor and CIN i already confirmed they can make the S 2500-N colour but in my previous paint, the white base was a Matte plastic paint based on acrylic copolymers and the new one both use vinyl copolymers.

tere is no problem use a mate vinyl copolymer paint with auto air aluminium? and all of those mix tints use vinyl insteda acrylic? I'm just being very cautious because only have one more AA and dont want screw this and need to buy another because postage are a bit expensive

thanks all for the help and when i finish paint i will leave some feedback and some pics
post #75 of 239 Old 12-11-13, 09:29 AM
Shackster

i was checking the NCS colours ( http://www.ncscolour.com/en/ncs/ncs-navigator/) and the s 2500-n is a much dark drey compared with what i have now.

let me resume the specs/mount of my projector.

projector mitsubishi HC3800 ceiling mounted at 350cm from 105" screen. projector calculator give me a image brightness of 18fl for a screen gain of 1.0. i use it always on cinema mode and low lamp mode, only see movies/series. the lamp is new and have less than 10 hours of use.

my room have 4mx4m and the ceiling will be black (now are beige) and the walls are painted with a color near this one (http://www.ecasarepresentacoes.com.b...-terra-pei-4-/)

i have total control of light.

just post this because after i see the veil colour on NCS system, that look very dark but on original BW topic ( i saw every single of those 148 pages ) i saw people using projectors like panasonic ae2000 ou epson 8100 in low lamp modes and cinema mode with amazing result.

since you guys are the experts, do you think i should use the s 2500-n (N7.6) or maybe is beter use a s2000-n(N8.0) or s1500-n (N8.5) ?

want improve black level but dont want lose the picture quality i have now with the BW light grey, dont mind loose a bit of white.

hope this post isnt too confusing
post #76 of 239 Old 12-11-13, 12:56 PM
HTS Moderator

Quote:
stryker wrote: View Post
hope this post isnt too confusing
Unfortunately it is!! Not for all the info provided, but because the whole matter with light output is so complex, that anyone can only make conjectures. Every single mode on the projector affects it's light output. For instance:

Hi/Low mode, Brilliant Color on/off, cinema/standard or else mode, iris (if available), throw distance/zoom use, calibrated or not, hours on the lamp.

In order to have a precise information about the gray which is best for you (in sense that you can get the best possible contrast out of it), is to buy yourself a cheap and very very handy device such as a lightmeter. Once you 'll have done your readings, you 'll know exactly and without any doubt what shade of gray (enhanced or not) is suitable for your screen.

Otherwise, it can be done only an estimated guess about light output and therefore for the gray shade for your screen.
post #77 of 239 Old 12-11-13, 02:06 PM
Shackster

Quote:
Unfortunately it is!! Not for all the info provided, but because the whole matter with light output is so complex, that anyone can only make conjectures. Every single mode on the projector affects it's light output. For instance:

Hi/Low mode, Brilliant Color on/off, cinema/standard or else mode, iris (if available), throw distance/zoom use, calibrated or not, hours on the lamp.

In order to have a precise information about the gray which is best for you (in sense that you can get the best possible contrast out of it), is to buy yourself a cheap and very very handy device such as a lightmeter. Once you 'll have done your readings, you 'll know exactly and without any doubt what shade of gray (enhanced or not) is suitable for your screen.

Otherwise, it can be done only an estimated guess about light output and therefore for the gray shade for your screen.
this will do the job ? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mini-Digital...ds=light+meter
post #78 of 239 Old 12-11-13, 03:29 PM
HTS Moderator

post #79 of 239 Old 12-12-13, 11:23 AM
Shackster

Quote:
order that light meter, hope it arrives before christmas. that meter measure in LUX. that isnt a problem right? i research a bit and exist a formula to convert lux to lumens right?

projectorreview claim that the mitsubishi HC3800 they tested with a 120", cinema mode, Brilliant Color off, low lamp mode they get 565 lumens.

just for curiosity, with that amount of lumens wich base colour would you recommend to mix with AA?

btw, should exist on this forum a topic just with pics of BW screens
post #80 of 239 Old 12-12-13, 12:31 PM
HTS Moderator

You can convert lux to lumens:

Lumens = lux x screen surface in square meters.

I believe projectorreviews measured 565 lumens with Mitsubishi calibrated. 120'' are 3,96 s.m. So, 565 : 3,96 = 142,6 lux aka 45 nits from a screen with gain 1. If these numbers are true, i wouldn't use anything below N9 as a base, at least if we are talking about 120''.