Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

OT....But a follow up on my build

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Matteo 
#1 ·
Hey guys.....entered the Elite screens giveaway contest but sad to say i didn't win but did get motivated to get some work done. Here's a pic of the screenwall/fireplace redo. The soffit above houses a 106" drop down screen and the wall mount will hold a Panasonic 50" V10.

Here's a pic of the rear soffit under construction and the projection booth.

I'm gonna finish the room in the next 6 weeks and then start tweeking some things. I'm hoping to rebuild the screen with a material that won't roll on the edges.

Any and all comments welcome even though this isn't relative to the forum but most of you know me and had a DIY screen been an option, i'd have done it for sure. Fireplace had to stay:rant:

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanx Mech.....i should be ready for paint come April 1st which.......brings up a question if you dont' mind?

Paint colors for the room. What color(s) are going to have the least 'push' on the screen tint? I'd like to do the ceiling as dark as possible and the same for the soffit insides with a lighter color on the walls. Can't do black though.

#7 ·
Yes, that would be my opinion. The darker the shade of the color, any color, the less it would influence the color of the screen due to light being reflected from it back onto the screen.

Color push from wall and ceiling reflections is less of a factor than losing image contrast from same. It really is amazing how even a little ambient light will negatively affect the performance of a pure white screen. That is why we recommend gray screens for most HT's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.