Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

My DIYSG 1099 Build

12K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  123Toid 
#1 ·
I am making progress.

See less See more
#7 ·
Cant wait to listen to them. I will finish them with flat black Laminate from Wilson Art. I will spray the front with enamel. I have the laminate ordered. I do not have time to properly bondo the seams and sand, bondo, sand, bondo , sand etc etc... and it would bother me!

#13 ·
Well I have ordered and received my Flat black Laminate. I have 2 large sheets. I have never used this so I hope it comes out okay. I am spraying the front with flat black enamel. This is only the first coat. I just did a nice 1500 grit sand paper on them and then will apply 2nd coat. Maybe a 3rd.

#15 ·
coming along. putting laminate on. wish i would have decided to do laminate on the front baffle. its much easier than trying to spray and sand 7 coats only to find an imperfection here and there. using the Bosch palm router with a Bosch 2 flute flush cut bit is working well. i will do laminate on my subs for sure.

i spent about a week or 2 spraying the baffle and think i should have not done that first as its probably better to do the laminate first then spray if you are going to go that route. also i did a 50/50 mix on the cabinets and I am not sure that is necessary if you laminate because the contact cement must seal them pretty well.

these boxes are also heavy to be moving around...im telling you... working on five is also a lot of work.

#24 ·
Well... I just made some big progress on the HT room. I wish I could link goggle photos! What is the deal with that?

With that being said... I have a lot of work to do treating the room and getting the subs dialed in etc but so far they sound good.

I am thinking about changing out my amps...not sure...... time will tell what I do.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.