Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Carbon Fiber Blue Led edge lit Sprite Speakers

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  123Toid 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I am currently just finishing my newest build. I took Paul Carmody's sprite boom box and made two individual speakers from it. However, I plan to use this for a racing arcade, so I thought I better make it look really cool. This is where I wrapped the speakers in Carbon Fiber vinyl and put a 1/4" piece of acrylic in the speaker. By doing this I was able to back light it with blue LED's. The whole project was not too expensive and it makes for some nice speakers. Especially, if you are using them for a nearfield setup. Here are the pictures. I plan to add a video build log this weekend on my youtube channel. Feel free to check it out or any of my other projects. I try to help others understand some of the basics of speaker building and electronics.

My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/123Toid

this is a good picture of the front before I glued it on.

Here is a picture of the rear. I love how the light comes out the rear port This wasn't intended, but I enjoy it. Note, this is before I went back and trimmed up the carbon fiber.

Update: Finished!

See less See more
1 2
#3 ·
Looks great!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I finally finished them! Well in all honesty, I finished them about a week ago, but my editing software didn't want to comply. I went ahead and made a video so you can see exactly how I made it. Please ask if you have any questions, either here or youtube. hopefully this will be helpful to you guys.

By the way, I love the speakers! They are amazing!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.