How far should full range drivers spacing be - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
Home Theater Shack Forums
XTZ Sound Marantz OPPO Digital - Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer Chane Music & Cinema Madisound Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects! Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products. Value Electronics: A trusted retailer and custom installer that specializes in whole-house audio, home theater, Plasma, LCD, LED, HDTVs, Blu-ray and more. Genelec: Active Speakers and Speaker Systems Audio General, Inc.: Great deals on projectors, screens and electronics. Underwood HiFi - Excellent discounts on some awesome name brands. Power Sound Audio designs, develops, and assembles high quality loudspeakers and subwoofers for home theater environments. Visual Apex: The most competitive pricing for home theater projectors... and built on customer satisfaction! SVSound Emotiva is your Home Theater Component Source for Audiophile Quality Home Theater Equipment at Factory Direct Prices Newegg: The perfect solution for all your HTPC and media server build needs! Creative Sound Solutions: Loudspeaker kits and components for subwoofers, midwoofers, woofers and full range speakers!

Like Us on facebookREW
Go Back   Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com > DIY Speakers | DIY Subwoofers > DIY Speakers
Forgot Password?
Donations Reviews Vendors

Reply     Post New Thread
Views: 1993 - Replies: 17  
Old 03-22-10, 06:56 PM   #11
Senior Shackster

sc02
Since: May 2008
slidell, La.
I started this thread.
Re: How far should full range drivers spacing be

1. yes, LRC= left, right, center
2. the center can be vertical as long as the height is less 20"
3. the reason im wilingl to pay this much for these driver is i've heard the babb audios in the past and they performed like no other speaker i've ever heard. dc gold improved on babb's design, so they are suposed to be even better.
4. i want 2 driver per encloser because i dont want to go thru all the trouble of building/buying these encloser for a single driver and not have high output capability i want. So i would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it

Forum Rules Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-10, 10:38 PM   #12

lsiberian
Since: Mar 2009
Fort Worth, TX

Quote:
harleyhualer-sc02 wrote: View Post
1. yes, LRC= left, right, center
2. the center can be vertical as long as the height is less 20"
3. the reason im wilingl to pay this much for these driver is i've heard the babb audios in the past and they performed like no other speaker i've ever heard. dc gold improved on babb's design, so they are suposed to be even better.
4. i want 2 driver per encloser because i dont want to go thru all the trouble of building/buying these encloser for a single driver and not have high output capability i want. So i would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it
Have you ever heard a well designed Jordan Watts design? They are the best full range drivers on the market.

Old 03-23-10, 01:00 PM   #13
Senior Shackster

fbov
Since: Aug 2008
Pittsford, NY

Far be it from me to criticize anyone who knows what they want, and go for it. Best of luck!
Frank

Old 03-23-10, 08:30 PM   #14
Senior Shackster

sc02
slidell, La.
I started this thread.

Quote:
lsiberian wrote: View Post
Have you ever heard a well designed Jordan Watts design? They are the best full range drivers on the market.
I hear and see a lot about them, but never heard them for myself.

Old 04-21-10, 08:59 PM   #15
Senior Shackster

Matt
Since: Feb 2007

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...enclosure.html

here is my build using a pair of N7r's (one per channel) they sound great: you may want to consider the 6x9 speakers N69r because you can get the distance between the two centers closer (which will raise the frequency where comb filtering starts)... I actually plan to make a line array with 4 n69r's per channel someday

Old 04-22-10, 06:57 PM   #16
Senior Shackster

sc02
slidell, La.
I started this thread.

Yes i have read your tread numerous times. It inspired me to want to build my system. But inspiration was overcome by my laziness so I purchased some pre-built speakers instead of going the diy route. I had planned on doing diy subs, I purchased the subs 9 months ago and they are still sitting in there shipping boxes.

Old 04-22-10, 09:32 PM   #17
Senior Shackster

Matt
Since: Feb 2007

I am glad I could inspire you to do a DIY project, even though laziness won in the end

what kind of subs do you have? what kind of enclosure are you planning?

Old 04-23-10, 07:23 AM   #18
Senior Shackster

sc02
slidell, La.
I started this thread.

4-18" Mal-X's & 8-18" PR's I've been talking with a local cabinet shop about getting the enclosures built. 14 cubic ft with PR's max out with weight should give me a 13-14hz tune. It will be 4 enclosures total 1 sub and 2 PR's each.

Reply     Post New Thread     Back to Top of Page

Check out the Woot product for today!   Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products.   Cmple   Monoprice Electronics   Amazon   Velodyne

Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects!   Onkyo   GIK Acoustics: Home audio acoustics at its best... especially when you have help from the owners right here at the Shack!  Check out their very affordable acoustic panels!   Nyrius   Aperion Audio   Axiom Audio

« Home Theater Shack > DIY Speakers | DIY Subwoofers > DIY Speakers »

« Previous Thread   Next Thread »