Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

psi car audio PR mounting.

2K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  ht-core 
#1 ·
Hey guys. This is a shot in the dark but does anyone know how to mount psi car audio 18" passive radiators? The reason I ask is because the rubber gasket that is used has mounting holes that are smaller then the holes in the actual basket assembly. I feel that there should be an insert of some sort.

The hole on the basket is 8.81mm and the hole on the back side mounting gasket is 4.88mm. front side is 7.95mm. So as the pr sits in the enclosure the holes line up like this if your looking at the front of the cone. gasket hole=7.95mm basket hole=8.81mm gasket=4.88mm.

The surround is not cut out in the basket and lays right over the top of the hole. My idea was to use a washer that was ground flat on the surround facing side and a screw head that will fill up most of front cone side of the gasket. you would think this would all been taken into account when building woofers or pr's. Am I overlooking something?

I almost have the build done for this setup and have yet another road block in my path. I have emailed Psi car audio and don't think I will get a response for weeks as that was the scenario last time. Has anyone had this problem other then me? Thank you for your future suggestions.

See less See more
#2 ·
Any pics?

Most car audio companies dont have the mounting holes lied up with the basket very well. Most people just have to re-drill the surround.

#4 ·
Still confused with the small picture but I use pan head screws to hold my subwoofers in place. They would go through the gasket and hold onto the frame.

#5 ·
The gasket on the enclosure side is 4mm. The basket hole is 8mm. It looks like ill be using washers to take up the extra room. I will have to flatten the side of the washer that's closest to the surround for this to work per psi car audio. this is a mickey mouse fix in my eyes.

#6 ·
I have had gaskets come with my speakers before. I always remove the gaskets anyways. I can get a better seal not using them.

#9 ·
It seems like I need a custom shouldered washer. That should do the trick. I'll call a couple company's come Monday to see if they can help me with what I need. I feel this is what the company "psi car audio" should be taking care of for there customers. I'll be the guy making this right and contacting psi car audio on how to make this right for all there customers. It's not my job and that's what I say at work all the time. But I'm the guy that goes out of my way to make things right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.