Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Downloadable WinISD Pro Files

318K views 244 replies 54 participants last post by  GPM 
#1 ·
WinISD Pro Files

To down load a file, click on the file and click on "Save". From the menu, select the "C" drive (provided you have not moved any of your WinISD folders), select "Program Files", select "Linearteam", select "WinISD", and then select "Drivers". Click on "Save".

Creative Sound Solutions

SoundSplinter

Fi Audio

Exodus Audio

Mach 5 Audio

Other Files

SpeakerHobby
(Audience Products)​

See less See more
#204 ·
If the latest T/S is from the SI website than I have that file. Are you wanting a different one?

Its the only one I have ever had. Ricci's might be slightly different.

#207 · (Edited)
What about Le? 3.79 mH Vs Ricci's 5.3 mH makes a bit of a difference in the driver's HF response; also, if the coils are wired in parallel, Le will theoretically be quartered ~1.325 mH], a plus if getting the most mid-bass SQ out to an 80 Hz XO point and especially if higher is desired.

GM

#208 ·
I just use the 3.79 that is posted on the website. If needing exact specs for myself and really serious I would measure one in my hands and go from there. Le difference between the two isnt going to change my mind if I am buying it or not.

#211 ·
OK, though this isn't about what you or I may value as important as Le can be a 'deal breaker' for some folks [me included], but publishing the most accurate set of specs available.

GM

#212 ·
FYI, if you look at the top of the first post you will see a Search this Thread clickable drop down field to make quick work of searching a long thread. All audio/whatever forums I browse-post on has this feature, though not always in the same location.

"parameter error" = user input error :( in that one usually inputs too much information that causes a conflict between two sets of math routines. Both the HELP file and the 'Sticky' thread explains the two ways to input either just the T/S specs or the preferred [usually] more accurate individual specs that they are derived from.

GM

#214 ·
You're welcome! I was hoping you would take this attitude rather than me just post it, but if it still proves problematic, please post a screen shot of what you inputted that still gets you the dreaded "parameter error".

So many folks either don't bother to read the various HELP files or claim to find them too confusing, so maybe the 'Sticky' thread needs to be revised [I haven't read it].

GM

#215 · (Edited)
The thread worked like a charm. I can see how some steps may be a bit hard to follow but reading each step fully before doing it helps. I did get the driver to work for me. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!
It's better for me to learn how to do it myself instead of relying on others to post the files for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.