Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Analysis of Adire Audio Shivia III box

3K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Mike P. 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, lets see how I am progressing. I did read up on baffle step's and what "2nd order" filter means, I getting there :)

My summary, no-brainer concerning a closed or vented box, go with vented but which kind. Between a extended bass shelf or the QB3 alignment, the SSF in my plate amp (Part Express amp #300-794, 250 watts)
is the determining factor here. I do NOT want to modify my plate amp (bass boost) so it is a lost to build an extended bass self cabinet.

Yellow-Butterworth vented
Blue- Extended Bass Self
Red- Close

Next post, what to do with my old KLH plate amp?

Text Font Line Pattern Design

Text Line Font Pattern Design

See less See more
#2 ·
I have an old KLH subwoofer (HTIB system), I am interested in the plate amp. It says it is 120 watts, I will assume it is 50 watts. I wondering if it will be worthwhile to a second woofer using the Dayton RS 180s-8. The reason I am considering this, I am using Klipsch quintete II which are not very "beefy" (can I use that term :)

Well I am trying to figure out this audio stuff...

The Dayton is blue..

Text Line Pattern Font Slope

Text Line Font Technology Pattern

#6 ·
You mention that you used a 4" diameter, 18" flared vent for this speaker (box size, 4.5 ft3). WinISD says, 4.68 ft3 box with a 4"dia, 13.6 long vent. Why the longer vent? Is the highpass filter in the amp the difference?

13.6" vent - blue
18" vent- yellow

Text Line Font Slope Arch

Text Font Line Technology Screenshot

#7 ·
You mention that you used a 4" diameter, 18" flared vent for this speaker (box size, 4.5 ft3). WinISD says, 4.68 ft3 box with a 4"dia, 13.6 long vent. Why the longer vent? Is the highpass filter in the amp the difference?
The difference is different tuning frequencies for different sized cabinets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.