Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Need feedback on first subwoofer design

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mike P. 
#1 ·
I've been cobbling a theater together as cheaply as possible. It's about 13'x26' with 9' ceilings. There are two rows, one at 11 ft and one at 16 ft.

You can see it at AVS Forum thread 1116618

I've been searching for killer deals on a decent 12" or 15" driver and picked up a clearance Rythmik DS12 non-servo with a cosmetic blemish for $80. To go with it, I ordered an OAudio 300W BASH amp.

I was hoping to go LLT with it but can't get that to work without exceeding Xmax.

How does this design look? I attached the WinISD driver parameters file and the design file.

I am thinking of a 4 cu. ft. box with a 4" port tuned to 16 hz. I used a high pass filter to model the subsonic filter shown in the amp owners manual.

I'd appreciate any feedback you can give me.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks pretty good, you can get a flatter curve that extends just as low by making the box a bit bigger, about 8 cu ft and raising the tune about 2 or 3 hz. Power handling goes down but due to the extra gain from the box and port it actually plays louder to below 20hz. At least that is what I got.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.