Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Playing with ported box size need feedback

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Mike P. 
#1 ·
I am playing with WinISD and I think I found my box size and tuning frequency but wanted feedback before I build. I was planning on going with a 16 cubic foot "453.10 liters". Does anyone have any experience with a ported box this size and tuning freq?:scratchhead: Oh and the port I was planning on using was a slot port with roll over edges 3 wide x 22.5 tall x 27.85 long.

Matt

#5 ·
Thanks Mike!!! That is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. I am worried tuning that low due to the loss of DB's from 20-40 hz but I am willing to give it a try. What would be the advantage of tuning that low be? I can't hear much below 18hz. :bigsmile:

Matt

#7 ·
Ah, I see. So, basically and EBS alignment. I read the whole LLT thread and found that very interesting. So I will take your guys advice and build it with the lower tuning and a round port. :bigsmile: THANKS AGAIN! and thanks for taking the time to post the nice graph!

Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.