Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Maelstrom 2xPR18 preview

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Kevin Haskins 
#1 ·
I'm working on gathering all the material for a formal build thread but here is a preview. Here the link to the thread where you can see the design.
http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/exodus-audio/16611-maelstrom-2xpr18-prebuild-questions.html

Right now it's just in the basement 1' from a wall and 5' from the corner. I took these measurements with a calibrated ECM8000 and I have also added the effects of the sound card, BFD, and EP2500 -3db points that I measured (not much effect > 10Hz).

This is the before and after equalization plots together. I just threw in a lpf 60Hz target since it fit the uneq'd data

All I can say is, the amount of clean output between 25-35 is just devastating and the entire house vibrates violently at about 18Hz.

See less See more
#3 ·
Right now I've only been running it on a single channel of the EP2500. I'll try it bridged once I have a subsonic filter. Using my radioshack SPL meter I can easily hit 110+ dB continuous in the 20Hz region. If I recall correctly, at 20Hz the approximate correction factor for the RS meter adds another 6dB as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.