Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Fermenting idea for 2xExodus DPL-15

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Endesereth 
#1 ·
I have been thinking about getting two Exodus DPL-15 as stated in the thread title i have no specific size of the box, so I may have it at about (+/-)14.909ft3
This is assuming I am going to have 4, 4'' ports going in about 24.5'' all flared
I am going to be powering them with a Behringer EP2000 Europower Power Amp, and I am going to be wiring the subwoofers parallel, so the resulting resistance will be 4 ohms. If I am right each sub will get about 650 watts
I just wanna know would this be a good idea or not, I want your honest opinions!!!
Thanks!

#3 ·
Awww, you're getting rid of those too? I knew you killed the DPL-10, but the 15? Those were my definite choice for an IB setup when I got around to doing one :( Oh well I guess you can't eat promises right Kevin? Gotta produce what sells the most.

Any time I modeld any of the IB subs in a box there was usually a hump on the bottom end, but you can't beat the sub for the price. Maybe if you get an amp or something with some parametric eq you could notch that down and they'd be great. Let us know how this build goes, it'll be interesting to watch.

#7 ·
You really will not find a better driver for the price than the DPL-15... but if it was me I'd use them in a dipole or OB alignment and forget about building a gigantic enclosure for them. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.