Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Real world measurements...

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Exocer 
#1 ·
I have been to the SoundSplinter website, and I see most of your curves end above 20hz. The site says the graph "does not equate to real-world response", do you have any real-world information?

What do you suggest for someone that wants a lower extesion?

I have a 3 cubic foot box that I want to use for HT. The sub I have lusted after for a while is the long promised, and now deliverable Rythmik Audio DS15 system.

Why would I want to purchase the Sound Splinter for my HT vs the DS15? This is a real question, as I have not purchased anything yet. Please see the following post for more info on my criteria;

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers/2433-sub-choice.html

BTW this would all be moot if I won the giveaway for which I believe I am qualified.

Please register me, and if I missed something that I need to do, let me know...

Paul

See less See more
#2 ·
Soundsplinter makes a great driver, but I fear without proper dedicated EQ you won't have the large amount of output down low for HT you're looking for. If you're willing to buy something like a Behringer FBQ2496 you'd get some usable HT bass. IIRC your room is about 3400ft^3? thats still pretty tough for a single driver sealed sub to fill.

If you're open for going ported the SS driver makes a lot more sense. Since you seem set on the sealed box the Rythmik kit would be much simpler to get up and running since flat frequency response is literally already built in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.