Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Subwoofer Design Service

52K views 57 replies 34 participants last post by  Mcoluga 
#1 ·
#2 ·
SUBWOOFER ONE TO ONE DESIGN SERVICE

This service will be for ported, sealed and Passive Radiator subs.

Once the optimum box size, port size etc.. has be determined in WinISD I will then create a 3D SketchUp drawing off the model. Once the drawing has been approved by the customer then I will create a cut sheet showing all dimensions and then produce a 2D flat sheet with the pieces on the mdf sheets so you can see how if fits and how many sheets you will need.

We all know that there are big savings to be made from building your own subwoofer in comparison to commercial subs and this is by no means to take anything away from commercial subs as there are some greats out there.
But it gives you great satisfaction knowing you have built your own.

Also included will be a step by step guide on how to build and what piece to glue on what and at what stage so it makes the whole process pain free as it was very scary for me when I build my first sub.

I am available to answer any questions throughout the build stage and have even been known to make phone calls from the UK to the USA too.

The charges for this service are listed below:
Single Sealed subwoofer
Design and cutsheet: $50
Step by step guide: $25

Dual Sealed subwoofer
Design and cutsheet: $75

Single subwoofer with one Passive Radiator subwoofer
Design and cutsheet: $75

Dual subwoofer with two Passive Radiator subwoofer
Design and cutsheet: $150

Single subwoofer with two Passive Radiator subwoofers
Design and cutsheet: $100

Small Single Ported subwoofer (0 cu ft - 5 cu ft)
Design and cutsheet: $100

Medium Single/Dual Ported subwoofer (6 cu ft - 10 cu ft)
Design and cutsheet: $125
Step by step guide: $50

Large Single/Dual Ported subwoofer (11 cu ft +)
Design and cutsheet: $175
Step by step guide: $50

Feel free to ask any questions or give me a shout if you are interested.​

#44 ·
I thought I would introduce myself and explain a bit more about what I am offering and the costs involved.

I have been using SketchUp for a while now and having designed a few subs for myself and some others I decided it would be a great idea to start offering a design service to save time for people.

This service will be for ported, sealed and Passive Radiator subs.

Once the optimum box size, port size etc.. has be determined in WinISD I will then create a 3D SketchUp drawing off the model. Once the drawing has been approved by the customer then I will create a cut sheet showing all dimensions and then produce a 2D flat sheet with the pieces on the mdf sheets so you can see how if fits and how many sheets you will need.

We all know that there are big savings to be made from building your own subwoofer in comparison to commercial subs and this is by no means to take anything away from commercial subs as there are some greats out there. But it gives you great satisfaction knowing you have built your own.

Also included will be a step by step guide on how to build and what piece to glue on what and at what stage so it makes the whole process pain free as it was very scary for me when I build my first sub.

The charge for this service will be $100 complete for a new design and $40 for a design which has already been done and you simply want to use one I have already done.

Feel free to ask any questions or give me a shout if you are interested.

cheers

Graham
Good info Thanks:bigsmile:

#6 ·
Great idea Graham. Don't be surprised if you get very busy...:T

#7 ·
Great :T The next step is to do some studying :reading::reading::newspaper: and become a quarter-wave expert :eek:lddude:and charge triple for that!

#11 ·
I have just had Graham design a enclosure for me, overall the experience was good he changed the design that I had in mind to work out better and making sure it was still what I wanted and provided me with a cutlist with pics of how to set them out on the sheets for the least wasted materials.
Ash

#14 ·
Graham, I don't think I can send you a PM yet because I don't have 5 posts, but I am interested in buying your designs and instructions.

I have *four* 18-inch Mach5 IXLs that have been just sitting around. Do you recommend four different boxes or combining the drivers.

I have plenty of space in my theater room for four very large enclosures. I am, of course, looking for the best performance. Do your instructions include what to do after the boxes are built? This will be my first speaker build of any kind.

I will PM you after I have five posts (this is #1).

Thanks.

#17 ·
He included how to build, drivers to use, basically everything. Graham is so easy work with. I last looked at my email inbox and we have had over 100 emails back and forth. He is very willing to help make sure it is right. As I said before, great guy and very knowledgeable. You won't be disappointed!!!

#21 ·
Graham designed a subwoofer box for me & he couldn’t be more help full.

He designed the enclosure & also gave me a cutting list as well as a step by step assembly of the enclosure.

The help didn’t stop there, I had a lot of trouble with my driver & amplifier & he has been there every step of the way helping out & making suggestions.

The problems I have had, had nothing to do with what Graham had designed but he was more than willing to help.

Without his help I would of given it away a long time ago.

We have spent countless hours talking via e-mail & skype trying to trouble shoot all of the problems.

I can’t recommend him highly enough, he goes well beyond what I would of imagined someone would do for me.

If you have any reservations & would like to ask me any questions feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Jeff.

#22 ·
Graham, designed a subwoofer box for me based on what i was looking for. He even suggest the best driver to use and provided me with a cut sheet list and step by step guide. He was patient enough to answer all my questions regarding assembly and for hardware.

I highly recommend his service for any one looking to build a subwoofer but like me are beginner

#23 ·
Graham's design service rocks!!! He answered all my questions promptly and supplied detailed build instructons with diagrams which were very beneficial (total noob). IMHO his service is worth every penny and I would recommend him highly.I will definitely be calling for my next build

#24 ·
Graham designed two sub boxes for me. His plans we very detailed and easy to follow.

Having just finished building and installing the subs so far have exceeded my expectations. REW measurements confirm the improvement over the previous setup.

I will use his design services for future projects.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.