Hornresp for Dum... hmm... Everyone ;) - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #41 of 67 Old 05-19-11, 10:37 AM
Shackster

DDAUDIO

Re: Hornresp for Dum... hmm... Everyone ;)

No, too difficult

This is my case, where S3 is right in the middle of the tho holes.
Attached Thumbnails
Hornresp for Dum... hmm... Everyone ;)-distances.png  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 67 Old 06-03-11, 09:20 AM
Shackster
gychang

Quote:
mwmkravchenko wrote: View Post
You mean something like this?

Attachment 31312
looks interesting, I want to build a sub for music (not HT) are u able to provide more information on your build?

thanks,

gychang
post #43 of 67 Old 06-04-11, 07:29 AM
Senior Shackster

Mark

Quote:
This is my case, where S3 is right in the middle of the tho holes.
You do realize that the length and the sizing in the box you show are grouped as one lumped parameter by the drivers. They see the entire volume, and port as an acoustical impedance. The dividing of the box into sections is for the sake of computation of flared horn segments. A straight horn could usually be modeled in three sections or less. Driver positioning as discussed before only has an influence on how the port behaves.

Mark

___________________________________________________________________________ ___________

Mark

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

post #44 of 67 Old 06-04-11, 09:02 AM
Shackster

DDAUDIO

Let's say that we simulate the two (or whatever) speakers as one, and put this "big speaker" in the S3 position.
Then, yes, I realized that the sections and their distances are just to tell to the software how this "horn" is made, and let it calculate graphs based on flares dimensions.

Many thanks, your help was really appreciated!
post #45 of 67 Old 10-10-11, 02:22 PM
Shackster
Terryeh

Re: Tapped Horns

Design parameters are out of the scope of this thread, but simply remember the length of the horn determines how low it will go, and the distance from the Rear Tap to the Throat is what fills in the dips, not the Rear Tap to Mouth distance.

Good point, but i don't think you have defined "rear tap" or "throat" . I believe you are referring to "L12"
Maybe you could put "(L12)" to reference the drawing, and define the parameter in Hornresp that "fills in the dips"
(my first time through reading this, and I was do'n good until the "rear tap - throat' reference.) Thanks
post #46 of 67 Old 10-14-11, 05:35 PM
Senior Shackster

Tony

I was wondering if I could get some help with hornsrep and the enclosure I am trying to model. I have all of the driver's parameters entered and now I'm trying to figure out what kind of alignment to use in the program.

I'm trying to build a tapered variation T line since I dont have the truck space for a traditional T line. What I have designed is kind of like a reverse horn. If I were to build the traditional T-line, the line would be 106" long for my goals. Since I don't have the space for that, I went with a tapered design which I have calculated my design to be 66" long. Now, does the length of mine have to be the same (106") as the traditional to reach my goal of it being tuned to 32 hz? How would I model this in Hornsrep to see what I have?

My enclosure is 12.75H x 31.5W x 17.5D and is for a IA Death Penalty 12"
The mouth is 4 7/16" wide x 11.25" tall (322.56 cm sq) where the throat area is 9" wide x 11.25" tall (653.71 cm sq)

Also, I plan on putting 45's in the corners I just havent got to that point yet in my design. The 2 corners at the left of the enclosure will have 45's of equal length, while the corner in the upper right leading to the mouth of the enclosure should have a smaller 45. The throat is

-Samsung 46" 120 hz LCD LN46c650
-XBOX One
-Onkyo TX-NR509
-BIC America Venturi DV84 (Mains)
-BIC America DV-62CLRS Center
-Insignia NS-B2111 (surrounds) to be replaced soon
post #47 of 67 Old 10-17-11, 11:34 AM
Shackster

DDAUDIO

I guess you can easily simulate that box using the same method used to simulate a ported box, like written in post #6... Just put throat area a s S1 and mouth area as S2, and L12 as distance between the two.

I tried to simulate boxes like that for car audio use, and worked fine!
post #48 of 67 Old 01-03-12, 03:11 PM

I was wondering if any of you w/ skype might be willing to help me understand how to use hornresp, trying to wrap my head around it is literally giving me headaches, i somewhat understand how to use it (trying to design a tapped horn) but the calculated results are far from what i'd want (really peaky).
post #49 of 67 Old 02-03-12, 07:05 PM

Can anyone advise me on the following:

I am trying to simulate a horn tweeter using Hornresp. The driver I am using is very unconventional - It is a small modulated corona plasma flame coming from a tungsten rod tip. You could say that the diafragm is completely without mass. I intend to insert this tip into the throat of a ceramic horn. The lower cut off frequency without horn is ca. 5000 Hz. I want to lower this frequency to ca. 2000 Hz.

Is Hornresp suitable for this task and if so I am looking for some guidance on what parameters to use or omit if Hornresp is useful in the first place, or is there a better or more suitable horn simulator out there for this task?

Anyone please?
post #50 of 67 Old 02-03-12, 07:12 PM
Senior Shackster

Mark

In the Eg field enter 0 volts.

That will allow you to model a perfect driver on your horn . Since your driver has no true physical parameters. I have been doing similar work with planars.

___________________________________________________________________________ ___________

Mark

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.