Need box specs help - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
Home Theater Shack Forums
Creative Sound Solutions: Loudspeaker kits and components for subwoofers, midwoofers, woofers and full range speakers! Genelec: Active Speakers and Speaker Systems Audio General, Inc.: Great deals on projectors, screens and electronics. Underwood HiFi - Excellent discounts on some awesome name brands. Power Sound Audio designs, develops, and assembles high quality loudspeakers and subwoofers for home theater environments. Visual Apex: The most competitive pricing for home theater projectors... and built on customer satisfaction! SVSound XTZ Sound Marantz OPPO Digital - Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer Chane Music & Cinema Madisound Value Electronics: A trusted retailer and custom installer that specializes in whole-house audio, home theater, Plasma, LCD, LED, HDTVs, Blu-ray and more. Standout Design DSP Axiom Audio

Like Us on facebookREW
Go Back   Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com > DIY Speakers | DIY Subwoofers > DIY Subwoofers > DIY Subwoofers - General Discussion
Forgot Password?
Donations Reviews Vendors

Reply     Post New Thread
Views: 797 - Replies: 8  
Old 02-17-12, 12:40 PM   #1

Since: Feb 2012
Bremerton Washington
I started this thread.
Need box specs help

I am building a dual sealed enclosure box for 2 10" subwoofers with the below specs I was wondering if I could get some help on internal dimensions for a sealed enclosure. Not only would I like help with the enclosure but I would like to know how you derived those numbers. I am obviously new and am trying to learn as much as possible and not freeload on people. I appreciate your help and any suggestions you might have.

VC Impedance: 4 ohm + 4 ohm
Test Impedance: 1.56 ohms
Fs: 32 Hz
SD: 330.06 sqCM
Vas: 39 Ltr
Cms: 240 M/N
Mms: 96.1 g
BL: 7.44
Qms: 6.18
Qes: 0.553
Qts: 0.507
No: 0.23%
Spl: 86 dB
Xmax: 9.5 mm

Forum Rules Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-12, 03:55 PM   #2
Shackster

Since: Jan 2012
Eagle Mountain, Ut

Google winisd and run it on your computer. Plugin those parameters you provided.

Old 02-17-12, 06:32 PM   #3

Bremerton Washington
I started this thread.
Re: Need box specs help

ok so here is what I have come up with. obviously I can read a graph but what exactly am I looking for in a HT subwoofer. It appears the vented is going to give me louder volumes at lower frequencys but is that an advantage or disadvantage in a HT environment. What are you alls thoughts on which I should build.

Attachments

Old 02-17-12, 09:29 PM   #4
Senior Shackster

Since: Nov 2011
St. Louis, MO

To learn the whys and wherefores of speaker design, I recommend Ray Alden's "Speakerbuilding 201." It may start a little basic for you, defining the parameters you listed, and how to use them, but it goes into cabinet design in a sensible way, and shows why cabinet volumes and relative dimensions are important.
You can learn a lot of this stuff on the forums, but the book presents it in a logical and organized way, so you're not piecing it together to reinvent the wheel.
G'luck,
Tom

Old 02-19-12, 03:57 AM   #5

Bremerton Washington
I started this thread.

So far I have come up with a box that is ID 13x35x21 which gave me 5.6 ft3 box with 2 ports 4in diam 14.88in long ports. Does this sound right at all? Just trying to figure out this program. Any gripes or ocomplaints on this idea?

Old 02-19-12, 04:11 AM   #6
Elite Shackster

gperkins
Since: Aug 2008

Hi there,

What is the make of the 10" driver you have given the parameters for? It will help when finding other options budget wise.

cheers

Graham

Old 02-19-12, 01:12 PM   #7

Bremerton Washington
I started this thread.

PowerBass S-104Dx 10"

I have found 2 of them on ebay for $70

Old 02-20-12, 07:10 PM   #8

Bremerton Washington
I started this thread.

Having second thoughts on the 2 10's sealed idea. Any ideas on using a single JLAudio 10w6v2. I have one in my truck and am thinking about taking it out and might as well use it somewhere. I have done the winisid on it and it looks like a 54.9 L tuned to 24.4 Hz Ported. Does this sound like it would work pretty good. Should I be changing the tuning frequency or does the program automatically pick the best tuning frequency for the subwoofer specs I entered?

Old 02-21-12, 01:32 PM   #9
Elite Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Mike
Since: Apr 2007
Chitek Lake, Sask.

Upload the driver file for the JLAudio and also the PowerBass, we can do a comparison and see what might be best.

Reply     Post New Thread     Back to Top of Page

Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products.   Cmple   Monoprice Electronics   Amazon   Velodyne Check out the Woot product for today!

Onkyo   GIK Acoustics: Home audio acoustics at its best... especially when you have help from the owners right here at the Shack!  Check out their very affordable acoustic panels!   Nyrius   Aperion Audio   Axiom Audio  Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects!

« Home Theater Shack > DIY Speakers | DIY Subwoofers > DIY Subwoofers > DIY Subwoofers - General Discussion »

« Previous Thread   Next Thread »