Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

SI HT 18" Klippel graphs

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Stereodude 
#1 · (Edited)
We just got the graphs back from the Klippel testing of our SI HT 18" woofer in. We have them available for viewing at the bottom of our HT subwoofer web page.

The testing went very well as the HT 18" managed an Xmax of 23.5mm with a very stable compliance (Kms) curve. In the image of the graphs we also included the two Le curves for you. :)

See less See more
#3 ·
A good bit higher. :D We did a few modifications to the topology to increase linear stroke without changing the style of the topology (no dual gaps or anything like that - it is still a regular overhung design). I think it worked out very well. I also impliment a similar style of topology on my more rugged car audio centered woofer, the Obsidian Audio 18". The Obsidian has a shorter coil so it has a little less linear excursion (20mm compared to the HT woofer's 23.5mm) but it is a similar topology design and both of them have a very good Xmax-to-winding-width ratio. :T

#4 · (Edited)
For what it's worth I just uploaded four more woofers to the DUMAX and Klippel results section of our web page. The SI HT 18" is there, the Obsidian 15", Sundown Audio SA12, Sundown Audio SA8v2, and DD 2508 are now listed. The complete list of DUMAX and Klippel data is now sorted by size and by alphabetical order.

The actual link to the DUMAX and Klippel data information is on the Technical 2 web page located here. Click this text to go there. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.