Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

FBQ2495 & REW couple of questions

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  mightyoakbob 
G
#1 ·
Hi,

Been using resonable settings for a few months but I fancy having a go at house curves and upgrading to REW 4.11. Some questions...

1) I've found I have to manually kill the existing filters on the FBQ2496 (from the front panel) before I can upload a new filter set from REW, otherwise according to the lights I get the old and the new filters added together. Is this right or am I missing something?

Is there an easy way to read the values of the filters I stored at the moment before i start messing so that I can put it back if I find no improvement?

Cheers,

Bob.

G
#4 ·
Thanks guys for your help but can I just clarify please.

Is it essential to clear old filters using the fbq2496 front panel buttons before I can load a replacement set of filters?

I have found that I did save (using REW save filters) the filter I am currently using. Can I create a new filter (to try house curves) load that into a clean FBQ left channel and then upload the old set into the right channel from the saved data I already have? Then I only need to swap the channel used on the fbq (swap the plugs) to try one filter against the other. Or is that rubbish?

Cheers,

Bob.

#5 ·
What you want to do with the left and right channels would work fine.

On your original question, there should be no need to clear old filters, REW clears all the filters before it downloads new settings. If that is not happening there may be something going wrong with the Midi transfer, so you would need to check carefully that the settings that end up in the unit are what you expected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.