Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

feedback destroyer causing buzz

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  SightSeeker1 
#1 ·
I received a new 1124 feedback destroyer today. Got it all hooked up and found speakers to be buzzing. Not a hum, a pretty good buzz, out of every speaker. But only the sub was hooked into feedback destroyer. Any ideas?>

Thanks
JR

#3 ·
well it was a ground loop, but this thing is way to complicated for me...although my room response is not bad at all, i moved my svs out of the corner, and now only has 2 minor peeks. I thought this would be as easy as a regular eq. I guess im going to sell it, and be satisfied with what i got:bigsmile:

#5 ·
i just did a manual room response with the test tones downloaded from this sight. I dont have the graph on my pc, but i do remember it was straight until about 50hz, pretty good peek at 50 and another at 70 then a big dip at 160. I moved my sub. Re run audyssey on my receiver and changed my crossover points. Now its straight to 50 with only about a 5db peek and then a slight peek at 70. I know its not perfect, but it did help the way it sounds..now my subs not boomy(svs 20-39 PC+ ) Im sure the eq would help even more, but the more i read the more i get confused...also, i dont like running a cheater plug. I bought a isolator for my cable, but then pay per view wouldnt work. What do you know about the velodyne sms setup? is it easier to operate? I read it has an auto eq function. I could get along with the auto part, hehe

#6 ·
Im sure the eq would help even more
Doesn't sound like it from your description of your response.

also, i dont like running a cheater plug
Yep, it's not advisable for sure.

What do you know about the velodyne sms setup? is it easier to operate?
It's mucho more expensive than the EQ you presently have. It's quite easy to operate.

I don't think you need EQ from what you describe. Positioning appears to have smoothed your response.

brucek

#7 ·
You don't have to go cheater plug.

If you run REW a few times and follow the instructions on how to program the BFD you will get used to it real quick.

check out this thread on how I fixed the buz in my system.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...um-noise-my-custom-10-00-subwoofer-cable.html

Once you get the hang of it the BFD is pretty usefull. I had almost the exact peaks as you and the BFD smoothed it right out. It made a HUGE difference in the sound (to my ears.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.