Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Dirac Live tool does not see NanoAVR-DL

4K views 17 replies 3 participants last post by  AudiocRaver 
#1 · (Edited)
HELP :Dirac Live tool does not see NanoAVR-DL

Hello,
it is new year in Hong-Kong and I cannot have a solution for my problem until a week or so.
In the mean time, if someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.
I finally made the move and received my NanoAVR-DL unit.Download the 2 softwares from my user acount. Minidsp tool recognizes the Nano. I received my serial no. for Dirac. I successfully registered to Dirac Live.
I connected the usb cable from Nano to laptop and Umik to laptop, openned Dirac my registration was controled successfully and...
3 hours later Dirac never saw the NanoAVR in the sound system tab.
I uninstalled everything, stopped fire wall as usual, re-download, reinstalled etc. Nothing. Twice
My laptop: Asus K550c 1 year old, all updates done (adobe air, java, realtek drivers, name it) Windows 10
1 usb 2.0 port
1 usb 3.0 port.
I tried to connect the Nano on each port: nothing.
I checked my ports with a mouse, with a usb key etc all of those are working well also when I use REW and Umik and Asio: it works.
Now I am ready for suggestions. Or I am too old :crying:and I will ask to get my money back !!
Thank you

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: HELP :Dirac Live tool does not see NanoAVR-DL

Hello,
it is new year in Hong-Kong and I cannot have a solution for my problem until a week or so.
In the mean time, if someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.
I finally made the move and received my NanoAVR-DL unit.Download the 2 softwares from my user acount. Minidsp tool recognizes the Nano. I received my serial no. for Dirac. I successfully registered to Dirac Live.
I connected the usb cable from Nano to laptop and Umik to laptop, openned Dirac my registration was controled successfully and...
3 hours later Dirac never saw the NanoAVR in the sound system tab.
I uninstalled everything, stopped fire wall as usual, re-download, reinstalled etc. Nothing. Twice
My laptop: Asus K550c 1 year old, all updates done (adobe air, java, realtek drivers, name it) Windows 10
1 usb 2.0 port
1 usb 3.0 port.
I tried to connect the Nano on each port: nothing.
I checked my ports with a mouse, with a usb key etc all of those are working well also when I use REW and Umik and Asio: it works.
Now I am ready for suggestions. Or I am too old :crying:and I will ask to get my money back !!
Thank you
Did you grab the right version of the DL calibration tool? There are two of them, and you have to get the right one. One is for the nanoAVR DL and the other is for the DDRC-22 and DDRC-88 series.

#3 · (Edited)
Re: HELP :Dirac Live tool does not see NanoAVR-DL

Did you grab the right version of the DL calibration tool? There are two of them, and you have to get the right one. One is for the nanoAVR DL and the other is for the DDRC-22 and DDRC-88 series.
Thank you Wayne to answer me.
I logged in, went to User downloads, choosed nanoAVR plug-ins file, there, choosed nanoAVR DL downloads file.
In that file I downloaded the zip file under which it is written Dirac Live Calibration Tool for DDRC-88_nanoAVR-DL_v1.1.0.693x.zip.

I was afraid to see DDRC-88 mentionned but I did not find anything else concerning Dirac Live so it is the zip that I installed.

If there is a file only for nanoAVR-DL, I did not find it there, where else ?

Now I went to Dirac in my account and see this:

Product name License creation time Installation records
DHP_DLCT_NANOAVR 2016-02-09 23:14:03

Remaining installations: 1

Platform: Windows 10.0 / Time for installation: 2016-02-11 10:42:24

But it is Windows 10 that I have on my laptop . Does it matter ?

#4 ·
To all it may concerns.

Windows 10. Asus laptop. Windows firewall OFF

When I downloaded NanoAVR programmer and DIRAC Live calibration tool softwares when I received the unit, I was in USER session.
Problem:
Dirac does not see neither the system nor the nano unit. You can disconnect usb cable as many time you want and uninstall what you want as many time you want: it will do nothing.

10 hours of trial and errors later, my very beloved brother solved the problem.

EXPLANATION:

during all this time, in background, the 2 softwares worked in administrator session not in the user session.

IF YOU ARE NOT LOGGED AS ADMINISTRATOR WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARES AND WHEN YOU CHECK YOUR REGISTRATION INTO DIRAC SERVER THE FIRST TIME, Dirac will not work WILL NOT SEE THE UNIT..
Also, but I am not sure if it is important, between last Monday (when I first installed the kit) and this Saturday, a new version of adobe air was available and I updated it only this morning.

#6 ·
(...)

Glad you figured it out, and I feel your pain and frustration.
Thank for your empathy ( I do not know if I translate well).
If you have a moment to read my most recent thread about having always level too low in Dirac Live calibration tool I would greatly appreciate. ...after all, it is a little bit of your "fault":grin2::R (kidding here) that I am trying NanoAVR-DL without success for the moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.