Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

behringer Feedback destroyer question???

4K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Wayne A. Pflughaupt 
#1 ·
Hello shackters

I had a question for you all...

So recently i was looking at adding a behringer Feedback destroyer to my system along with my samson s-converter and onkyo tx-607 i heard the Feedback destroyer, will take alot of unnecessary noise and also can act as a eq for my samson as a high pass filter. Ok thanks guys.

KrazyBassKevin

#4 ·
a) I think that he is simply asking if the Behringer Feedback Destroyer electronic EQ would get rid of unnecessary noise if plug into his system in conjunction with his Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver and Samsung S-Convertor.
b) And if it will act as an equalizer with high pass filtering with his Samsung S-Convertor.

Personally from what I know, I'll say yes.

* Am I right at guessing his two-part question , and am I right with my answer?

#5 ·
You bob are exactly correct, run on are not i didnt think grammar was a biggie ahha LOL but thanks bob

Basically im asking if the feedback destroyer is any good for uneccesary noise, for my fi q/ep4000 setup

Can the Destroyer work as a high pass as well?

Thanks CrazyBassKevin

#7 ·

Basically im asking if the feedback destroyer is any good for uneccesary noise, for my fi q/ep4000 setup
I assume you intend to use it for the main speakers? The BFD is noisy, so it makes no sense to use a noisy component as a solution to noise. What exactly is in your set up?

Can the Destroyer work as a high pass as well?
An equalizer has bandpass filters. A crossover should be used for high or low pass filters.

Regards,
Wayne

#8 ·
this would be for a Fi Q 18 thats in approx. 20ft^3

I was told that a good eq helps with the overall sounds and can reduce certain frequencies?

Would a Reckhorn b-2 do the job and the high pass filter and a voltage increaser like the samson s-converter just with the filters?

Thanks KrazyBassKevin

#13 · (Edited)
I thought of that, right after I clicked on the 'submit reply' button of my post. :)

* And I also know that some people use it for their main speakers.

TY Wayne for confirming it.

Regards,
Bob

-> By the way, really like the picture in your signature; an acoustic bass, and an electric one, cool.
... Reminds me the DTS opening in some DVDs, with the sound of strings inside a Yamaha piano... very cool indeed.
Everytime I look at it, it plays again in my head, and I just feel the movie is about to start... :cool:

#17 ·
Do you use REW or other room measurement software? The BFD won't do you much good if you don't have a frequency sweep of your room to see where the peaks and dips are.

I use a BFD combined with a 20 Hz Harrison Labs F-mod high pass filter for my subwoofer. The only downside is 20 Hz is the lowest F-mod they make so if you are looking at anything below that the F-mod won't work for you. It is cheap though, I think 20 bucks for two filters.

#19 ·
I have an Onkyo 876 connected to a BFD 1100 model and a Behringer EP4000 amp and don't have any signal issues. I do however get alot lower signal when the BFD is connected. Would the other input level of +4 give me more. Is there any noticable difference in volume with using the -10 or +4 input settings.
cheers

graham

#21 ·

I have an Onkyo 876 connected to a BFD 1100 model and a Behringer EP4000 amp and don't have any signal issues. I do however get alot lower signal when the BFD is connected.
No doubt the result of cutting filters...

Would the other input level of +4 give me more. Is there any noticable difference in volume with using the -10 or +4 input settings.
No, switching to +4 will get you lower meter readings. There is no difference in output levels between the two settings, it just changes the BFD’s internal gain structure (+4 would allow it to accept the much-higher signal levels that would be present in a PA system). As long as you get a healthy reading on your meters with the loudest bass passages, you’re fine.

Regards,
Wayne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.