- 1A should be plenty of drive. Spec sheet says 150mA, but that seems light.
- WARNING: Use a volt meter to check the voltage. The first so-called 12v transformer I tried actually put out 8v. The 2cd one was a solid 12v (a selectable-voltage model from RS).
- While unplugged, chop off the connector and strip the wires. Plug it in. Use voltmeter to check the voltage and determine the polarity.
- Chop off your RCA connector and strip it down so that you have the signal and shield twisted and nicely separated.
- You will also need a little piece of wire to short the shield input (S) to the neg polarity input (-).
- In my pictures, you see 2 RCA cables. That's because I use a 30ft stereo RCA cable to run my LFE signal. I use a Y at the AVR and a Y at the MiniDSP so that I use both L and R in parallel (30ft seems like a long run. 1/2 the R just feels better.).
- Strip it all down so that the black, white and shield (carefully unbraid it using something like a jeweler's screwdriver) are all nicely twisted and the same length.
- Remove the 4 screws from one end of the box.
- Pull the connector blocks straight off of the box. Then you can remove the face plate and the top plate. Then move the jumpers as marked on the ckt-board/manual.
In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.