DSP 1124P vs FBQ1000 are they the same - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
Home Theater Shack Forums
Audio General, Inc.: Great deals on projectors, screens and electronics. Underwood HiFi - Excellent discounts on some awesome name brands. Power Sound Audio designs, develops, and assembles high quality loudspeakers and subwoofers for home theater environments. Visual Apex: The most competitive pricing for home theater projectors... and built on customer satisfaction! SVSound Creative Sound Solutions: Loudspeaker kits and components for subwoofers, midwoofers, woofers and full range speakers! XTZ Sound Marantz Standout Design OPPO Digital - Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer Chane Music & Cinema Madisound Value Electronics: A trusted retailer and custom installer that specializes in whole-house audio, home theater, Plasma, LCD, LED, HDTVs, Blu-ray and more. Genelec: Active Speakers and Speaker Systems

Like Us on facebookREW
Go Back   Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com > Equalization | Calibration > Electronic Processing/Equalization Devices
Forgot Password?
Donations Reviews Vendors

Reply     Post New Thread
Views: 6934 - Replies: 18  
Old 09-21-11, 05:05 PM   #1

Since: Sep 2011
I started this thread.
DSP 1124P vs FBQ1000 are they the same

Hi guys. Quick question for my first post.
I am considering buying the Behringer FBQ1000 over the DSP 1124P.
I have examined the specs for both as fully I could. They are both current products on the Behringer website. Both units seem identical except for the obvious model number difference. Can anyone out there confirm this for me ? I can aquire the fbq1000 for $40 dollars less. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Forum Rules Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-11, 09:14 AM   #2
Senior Shackster

Since: Jun 2011
Philly

I would also like to know the answer to this as well. From what I have read I would guess yes but I would like to get this confirmed by someone who knows for sure.

Old 09-23-11, 09:33 AM   #3
SAC
Banned!

SAC
Since: Dec 2009
CST
Re: DSP 1124P vs FBQ1000 are they the same

Here are the links to each of the manuals for the Behringer FBQ1000 over the DSP 1124P.

Hopefully you can decipher the differences.

Old 09-23-11, 09:42 AM   #4
Senior Shackster

Philly

Since it seems like you already know can you just tell us and save us the time

Old 09-24-11, 08:12 PM   #5

Adelaide

Hello
I also wondered about the differences between the two products. I am just rejoining the world of hifi/home theatre again after some decades in the wilderness and after researching a lot of information on subwoofer design found myself here. I would have to say that I am totally impressed with this forum and my early looks at REW.
The FBQ1000 appears to me to possibly be a newer product than the DSP 1124P and actually weighs less even though it looks similar. I think that as an anti feedback device it might be more responsive than the DSP 1124P. I also read through all the spec sheets/manuals and struggle to find any other significant differences in features between the two products. I have registered on the Behringer website and asked them what the differences are. When I get a response I will post it here.
It is my intention to use one of the above devices as a parametric equalizer only so I am not fussed about the feedback reduction performance of either product. Does anyone know how close you can actually set the filters on a DSP 1124P when you are in manual mode? For example could you set the whole 12 filters (per channel) side by side if you wanted to?

Old 09-24-11, 10:04 PM   #6
Senior Shackster

Philly

Quote:
yelsgnik wrote:
Hello
I also wondered about the differences between the two products. I am just rejoining the world of hifi/home theatre again after some decades in the wilderness and after researching a lot of information on subwoofer design found myself here. I would have to say that I am totally impressed with this forum and my early looks at REW.
The FBQ1000 appears to me to possibly be a newer product than the DSP 1124P and actually weighs less even though it looks similar. I think that as an anti feedback device it might be more responsive than the DSP 1124P. I also read through all the spec sheets/manuals and struggle to find any other significant differences in features between the two products. I have registered on the Behringer website and asked them what the differences are. When I get a response I will post it here.
It is my intention to use one of the above devices as a parametric equalizer only so I am not fussed about the feedback reduction performance of either product. Does anyone know how close you can actually set the filters on a DSP 1124P when you are in manual mode? For example could you set the whole 12 filters (per channel) side by side if you wanted to?
What do you mean by "side by side"

Old 09-25-11, 01:29 AM   #7

Adelaide

Quote:
Mpray1983 wrote: View Post
What do you mean by "side by side"

What I meant was is it possible to have the 12 filters positioned very closely together say over a 200hz range. In such a situation the filters might even overlap. Realistically I appeciate that such a setup would probably never be needed but I am trying to understand exactly how flexible these units are before I go and buy one

Old 09-25-11, 02:14 AM   #8
Senior Shackster

Philly

Quote:
yelsgnik wrote:

What I meant was is it possible to have the 12 filters positioned very closely together say over a 200hz range. In such a situation the filters might even overlap. Realistically I appeciate that such a setup would probably never be needed but I am trying to understand exactly how flexible these units are before I go and buy one
Yes you can actually stack 12 filters all at 20hz if you ever feel so inclined.

Old 09-25-11, 02:22 AM   #9

Adelaide

Quote:
Mpray1983 wrote: View Post
Yes you can actually stack 12 filters all at 20hz if you ever feel so inclined.
Thanks for the info...much appreciated. Pity the manufacturer's data sheets/manuals etc etc don't spell this out. Despite several readings of their documentation I couldn't be 100% sure that it could be done.

Old 09-25-11, 02:25 AM   #10
Senior Shackster

Philly

Quote:
yelsgnik wrote:

Thanks for the info...much appreciated. Pity the manufacturer's data sheets/manuals etc etc don't spell this out. Despite several readings of their documentation I couldn't be 100% sure that it could be done.
Remember these devices are not designed to be used to equalize subwoofers. They are usually used during live shows or in studios. They just work extremely well with eq'ing of subs. You really can't count on the manufacturer manual/data-sheets for Info like that.

Ive heard but am not sure that you should only use them to eq subs because if you use them with your mains it will introduce distortion with subs it is not noticeable. So basically don't go above 120hz. I'm not sure where I read that tho or if it is even correct so don't take my word on it unless someone else confirms or you find another source.

Reply     Post New Thread     Back to Top of Page

Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products.   Cmple   Monoprice Electronics   Amazon   Velodyne Check out the Woot product for today!

Onkyo   GIK Acoustics: Home audio acoustics at its best... especially when you have help from the owners right here at the Shack!  Check out their very affordable acoustic panels!   Nyrius   Aperion Audio   Axiom Audio  Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects!

« Home Theater Shack > Equalization | Calibration > Electronic Processing/Equalization Devices »

« Previous Thread   Next Thread »