Good Bye and Good Luck! - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #31 of 62 Old 11-22-15, 06:32 PM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System
Re: Good Bye and Good Luck!

I think what is becoming more concerning is the lack of response in this thread or on the form from The owner about this? Clearly AVS is being given the attention, something that I find sad because HTS has a much better handle on rude and simply argent members. It's not tolerated here where AVS it runs amuck and still to this day I won't go there. I have no idea what I'm going to do if HTS disappears.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 62 Old 11-22-15, 08:55 PM
Senior Shackster
fschris

My System

wow I had no idea VS owned AVS as well.
post #33 of 62 Old 11-22-15, 09:26 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
tonyvdb wrote: View Post
I think what is becoming more concerning is the lack of response in this thread or on the form from The owner about this? Clearly AVS is being given the attention, something that I find sad because HTS has a much better handle on rude and simply argent members. It's not tolerated here where AVS it runs amuck and still to this day I won't go there. I have no idea what I'm going to do if HTS disappears.
I agree, once upon a time HTS was a forum I checked countless times daily. Any more the traffic has slowed to the point I can refresh the app and nothing has changed after many hours. Very disappointing and sad.
post #34 of 62 Old 11-23-15, 10:29 AM
Elite Shackster
Charlie

My System
Once upon a time AVS was my preferred home theater destination but over time HTS won me over to the point I seldom visited anywhere else.
Over the past few months I have been giving AVS a visit once in a while and since this thread started I have given it a full blown look over.
The wrapper on that site is much improved but it is still the same underneath.
Forums are mostly driven by new members asking for help and the forum there certainly has many more new posts than here.
That may be a function of Google since most people researching purchases or needing help start the search initially there.
I do not know what it takes on the business end to make a website like this work.
I suspect sponsors have to be courted and "intimate " contact maintained throughout the contract vs just at renewal time.
I don't know if the staff here is paid or if the work is the labor of love but in any case running any website takes a lot of time and effort and ownership has to be engaged.
I really enjoy HTS and I hope the owners will take an interest in growing it along with AVS.
The two successfully coexisted for a long time with each uniquely serving the audio and home theater community.
post #35 of 62 Old 11-23-15, 11:56 AM
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System
Thanks for voicing support for HTS, trust me when I say that the Staff realizes what an important destination HTS has been - on many different levels - for so many you (and us!). We are trying our best to work with ownership to keep the site moving forward and, of course, we want to see an uptick in traffic. Many of the members commenting in this thread are the bedrock of this community - and all of you found HTS for the same reason. The uniqueness of the HTS environment can't be understated. I, for one, am grateful for your continued involvement in the community. Really appreciate it -- if you have suggestions for site, content, etc, please shoot me a PM.
post #36 of 62 Old 11-23-15, 12:32 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
All the reason why I preferred here
post #37 of 62 Old 11-24-15, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System

Quote:
I guess we may have to start anew then, won't we? Took a long time to get this place to where it's at now. With the right people, we may be able to do it in half the time.
post #38 of 62 Old 11-24-15, 09:10 PM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

Quote:
mechman wrote: View Post
I guess we may have to start anew then, won't we? Took a long time to get this place to where it's at now. With the right people, we may be able to do it in half the time.
I'll be there if that does take place.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #39 of 62 Old 11-24-15, 10:19 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Sad to hear this mechman. I have been on this forum for years already and have always enjoyed the clean threads compared to other forums that are at times rude. I'm a member of Avs, high def junkies and I must say there is none like this one but I have seen a decline with responses here and many sponsors have left. I hope HTS can once again be like when Sonnie owned it. I have great memories here from people that have helped and it's like family. It saddens me just thinking that HTS could one day just disappear.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
post #40 of 62 Old 11-25-15, 08:40 AM
Banned!
Chad

My System

Quote:
AVS is not that bad. Some stuff that manufacturers try to get away with doesn't fly on AVS. Here it seems things have to be polite and nice or posts get edited by moderators or deleted all together.

Seems no negatives about products are allowed on HTS, no discussion of cutting corners on Xovers or cabinets or price to performance ratio.

Reason AVS is doing so much better than HTS is much more freedom in the discussions. Any negative opinions about a product say a company skipping out on cabinet bracing or odd ball driver layouts or trying to pass off cheap Chinese products off as their own brand, is label as being rude and severely edited by the moderators here so not to offend anyone.

Just my view on things.