Good Bye and Good Luck! - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 62 Old 11-19-15, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System
Good Bye and Good Luck!

Greetings everyone!

I just thought I'd post a note letting everyone know that I am stepping down as Admin of HTS at the end of this month. Over the years I've gotten to know many of you on the forums and have become quite close with several of you. It is with a sad heart that I say good bye and move on from HTS.

Sonnie Parker built HTS as one of the best home theater sites on the internet without all the junk that you find at other sites. And I think he accomplished that in spades. Since Sonnie sold the site, the vigor that was once here has faded despite the pleas of many for help from our current owner. I cannot sit and watch as HTS is allowed to wither on the vine!

I will still check in from time to time but I look forward to starting new elsewhere. Thank you for putting up with me all these years and I'll see you around!

Steve Mechelke
mech

PS If you want to get in touch with me, just shoot me a pm!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 Old 11-19-15, 03:48 PM
Elite Shackster

Re: Good Bye and Good Luck!

Who is taking over?

Master Electrician
My Theater Build
XPA-7 & Krell Showcase 7 | XMC-1 | SVS Ultra Tower system | HSU VTF-15H MK2 | BenQ W1070 | Jamestown 135"
post #3 of 62 Old 11-19-15, 03:53 PM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

Oh no!!

Steve, you have been a vital part of the HTS and you will be missed in the capacity you have held for a long time. Your help with many discussions Ive been involved in has always been great.

Thank you and all the best in your new direction.

Tony

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #4 of 62 Old 11-19-15, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System

Quote:
Talley wrote: View Post
Who is taking over?
To be honest, I don't think they need anyone new. What used to take an hour or so under Sonnie now takes a few minutes a week with the reduced traffic.
post #5 of 62 Old 11-19-15, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System

Quote:
tonyvdb wrote: View Post
Oh no!!

Steve, you have been a vital part of the HTS and you will be missed in the capacity you have held for a long time. Your help with many discussions Ive been involved in has always been great.

Thank you and all the best in your new direction.

Tony
Tony - you are one of the good guys! I will miss you!
post #6 of 62 Old 11-19-15, 04:09 PM
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

mech, I have so thoroughly enjoyed working with you so this is a sad day for me and everyone at HTS.

I hope you stay on as an active member.

All our best and happy Thanksgiving!!

-Robert

Value Electronics, Authorized Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Krell, OPPO, Sonance, Definitive Technology, Artison, Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal equipment:
Video: 2 theaters, Sony's VPL-VW5000ES, 2nd theater, JVC RS66
Family room LG 65" G6 OLED, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom 65" B6 OLEED, Living room Panasonic 65" VX300
Audio receivers: Pioneer Elite, SC-09; Denon, AVR-7200WA, Marantz SR7011
Pre-pro: Marantz AV8802A w/7&5 ch amps
post #7 of 62 Old 11-19-15, 04:39 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Yes indeed. What Sonnie created and maintained for all those years was truly unique in this day in age. You have been instrumental in keeping it that way. Good luck to you. Maybe I'll see you up nort!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 62 Old 11-19-15, 04:40 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

Quote:
mechman wrote: View Post
Greetings everyone!

I just thought I'd post a note letting everyone know that I am stepping down as Admin of HTS at the end of this month. Over the years I've gotten to know many of you on the forums and have become quite close with several of you. It is with a sad heart that I say good bye and move on from HTS.

Sonnie Parker built HTS as one of the best home theater sites on the internet without all the junk that you find at other sites. And I think he accomplished that in spades. Since Sonnie sold the site, the vigor that was once here has faded despite the pleas of many for help from our current owner. I cannot sit and watch as HTS is allowed to wither on the vine!

I will still check in from time to time but I look forward to starting new elsewhere. Thank you for putting up with me all these years and I'll see you around!

Steve Mechelke
mech

PS If you want to get in touch with me, just shoot me a pm!
Wow! What a loss for us, but I understand and share your concerns for the direction of the forum. I am not quite ready to give up on it yet, but we are going to have to get some support from VerticalScope to build it back up to the exciting community that it was.

I have made a request to our staff to give some real thought to what it will take to revitalize HTS and made some suggestions myself. As the most senior of the remaining staff, I feel some responsibility to make an effort to get back what has been lost. I hope you will weigh in on what you think it will take before you go.

Be well and be in touch, my friend!

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #9 of 62 Old 11-19-15, 04:43 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

My System

Sorry to see you leave, Steve. I really hope that this is not the beginning of mass exodus. I do believe that the site was much better before Sonnie sold it, and I hope it can once again be like it was before. I hope you stick around as a member as you are a great asset to the site, and a wonderful person to chat with.

tia,
Ron

My Home Theater
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360A/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (2) Intel NUCs, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Panamorph UH-480 lens, (2) Crest Audio 2208, Yamaha XM-4080 & P7000s, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, Pioneer BDP-80DF
My Go Big or Go Home Theater Construction Thread
post #10 of 62 Old 11-19-15, 05:28 PM
Elite Shackster

Quote:
mechman wrote: View Post
To be honest, I don't think they need anyone new. What used to take an hour or so under Sonnie now takes a few minutes a week with the reduced traffic.
This site is very very slow compared to most other sites I visit which surprises me that some of the giveaways have been given... the speaker giveaway last year was crazy and there was only a handful of people in the running for it.

I still prefer this site structure over others... others are super busy but oh well.

Master Electrician
My Theater Build
XPA-7 & Krell Showcase 7 | XMC-1 | SVS Ultra Tower system | HSU VTF-15H MK2 | BenQ W1070 | Jamestown 135"