Farewell from lcaillo as Administrator - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

9Likes

post #1 of 14 Old 05-31-16, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo
Farewell from lcaillo as Administrator

This will be my last day as Administrator of Home Theater Shack. The ride has been a great deal of fun and I am very proud to have been associated with the staff and users here. I have made some great friends and together we have made, IMO, a great contribution to the industry and particularly to assisting and educating users in audio and video.

It has been about two years since the forum changed owners, and I intended to remain as administrator until the new crew found their feet and assured a smooth transition. It is clear now that they are taking a more active role in the design and management of the forum. In fact, my contribution has been minimal recently, and the change will be an opportunity to infuse some new energy that will be needed to revitalize the forum. You can see by the recent new additions and revisions that things are happening.

I will still be around, contributing as a plain ole user, and still in touch with the incredible friends that I have here. We have an amazing group of moderators, reviewers, and veteran users and I hope that community will continue to grow.

Be Well. Be in touch.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 05-31-16, 07:35 PM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System
Re: Farewell from lcaillo as Administrator

I'm glad to see you will be staying with us as a member but want also thank you for your time and effort you have put into the HTS since its beginning.

I wish you all the best in your new endeavours.

Tony
Tonto and ellisr63 like this.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #3 of 14 Old 05-31-16, 08:47 PM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System

Hey Leonard, thanks for giving us a heads up. More than that, thanks for all the help you have given to the countless Shacksters that have come here for the real skinny on their issues. It has been obvious that your heart & soul has been in this forum. I could say that you will be missed, but I figure that since this stuff really is in your blood,...I bet that we will continue to benefit from your knowledge. I really hated to see Mech go, I hate to see you leave even more!

The forum has changed & I hope it turns around soon. It is a product of admins like you & the founder, Sonnie. Kinda feels like, just a business venture without you guys. Here's to giving these guys a chance.

Last edited by Tonto; 05-31-16 at 09:05 PM.
post #4 of 14 Old 05-31-16, 09:14 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Thank you for your contributions and good luck in your future endeavors.
post #5 of 14 Old 06-01-16, 08:58 AM
Elite Shackster

TC

My System

Thanks Leonard for all your time and effort in helping keep the forum a great place to learn and teach all things HT. Glad you will be sticking around.

Onkyo TX-NR809 HT receiver
HPS-4000,SR-70, John Allen, Klipsch Heresy, Speakers for L.C.R.
QSC GX-5 power amp for L+R mains
Chase Home Theater PRO-10's for surrounds
Behringer EP 4000 pro amp for the Danley DTS-10 tapped horn sub
Oppo BDP-93 universal BD player
Toshiba HD XA2 HD dvd player
Sony VW-VPLPRO1 1080p PJ
Cinema White 1.0 gain 106" fixed frame screen
Dish network with 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey
post #6 of 14 Old 06-01-16, 09:57 AM
Senior Shackster

prerich

Quote:
lcaillo wrote: View Post
This will be my last day as Administrator of Home Theater Shack. The ride has been a great deal of fun and I am very proud to have been associated with the staff and users here. I have made some great friends and together we have made, IMO, a great contribution to the industry and particularly to assisting and educating users in audio and video.

It has been about two years since the forum changed owners, and I intended to remain as administrator until the new crew found their feet and assured a smooth transition. It is clear now that they are taking a more active role in the design and management of the forum. In fact, my contribution has been minimal recently, and the change will be an opportunity to infuse some new energy that will be needed to revitalize the forum. You can see by the recent new additions and revisions that things are happening.

I will still be around, contributing as a plain ole user, and still in touch with the incredible friends that I have here. We have an amazing group of moderators, reviewers, and veteran users and I hope that community will continue to grow.

Be Well. Be in touch.
Job well done my friend!!!
post #7 of 14 Old 06-01-16, 10:30 AM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

I've always appreciated your insights, especially surrounding the speaker comparison events in the past. Wonder if there is any will to do things like that in the future under the new management. Anyway, thanks for your significant contribution to the forum.
post #8 of 14 Old 06-01-16, 02:14 PM
Senior Shackster

Greg

My System

Yeah..., time moves on. I am glad you stayed on thru the transition. Your experience and comments are always appreciated by me and many others I'm sure. Your patience, interest and contribution in dealing with others with regard to the HTS topic is a true asset here. I'm glad your staying on only now as a free spirit able to fully express your ideas.

I do wonder like Tonto, if this is becoming more of a business venture, I mean its always been a business but..., well its probable more about what contributions are made to the art and science of accurate electronic reproduction of sight and sound and the good will of the people than anything else...

Best of luck, thanks
Tonto likes this.

We believe everything we tell ourselves..., don't we??
post #9 of 14 Old 06-02-16, 06:52 AM
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

Leonard, thanks for all you have done for the a/v enthusiasts community! I personally enjoyed working with you and look forward to seeing you and reading your posts.

All my very best,

-Robert

Value Electronics, Authorized Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Krell, OPPO, Sonance, Definitive Technology, Artison, Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal equipment:
Video: 2 theaters, Sony's VPL-VW5000ES, 2nd theater, JVC RS66
Family room LG 65" G6 OLED, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom 65" B6 OLEED, Living room Panasonic 65" VX300
Audio receivers: Pioneer Elite, SC-09; Denon, AVR-7200WA, Marantz SR7011
Pre-pro: Marantz AV8802A w/7&5 ch amps
post #10 of 14 Old 06-02-16, 10:07 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Thanks for all you shared and helped others. Sure is a new place around here...☹. I will say this for sure...i always dreamed of having a home theater, dont all men, and I stumbled on this site over three years ago and it was a fast pace, friendly, informative place to be. It was where I learned all that I needed to make it happen.
Sure is depressing watching all the management team crawl away.

Stop by often and keep us stimulated with conversation.

Home Theater System Denon AVR4520CI, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Polk CSi A6 Center, Polk RTi A9 Front, Polk RTi A7 Front Wide, Polk RTi A1 Front Height, Polk FXi A6 Side, Polk RTi A3 Rear, SVS PB12-NSD x2 Front, SVS PC12-NSD x2 Rear, Panasonic PT-AE7000U, Visual Apex CineWhite 100" Screen, PS4, Dish Hopper, Darbee Darblet DVP 5000.My Home Theater Build http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...ter-build.html