Axiom M3 v3 Speaker Giveaway Winners - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 40 Old 12-29-10, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System
Re: Axiom M3 v3 Speaker Giveaway

This was indeed a humorous situation. Axiom told me they were sending us some speakers to giveaway... great! I get them in and check out the site on those particular speakers and notice they appear to be quite small, so I am thinking there are two speakers per box. Cool... we'll give away a couple of pairs of these. I never looked back... never considered that like most speakers, they are probably packaged one to a box. I did not think twice about it. UNTIL... Jason tells me he only got one speaker! What? So... fortunately I had yet to ship the other one because Doug (the other winner) had not contacted me yet about shipping his. So, I sent Jason the other speaker and had Axiom send Doug a set. No biggie... but definitely funny on me anyway. One of those "duh me" moments... not that I haven't had plenty of them.

BTW... great video Jason...

Now that I viewed the video... I suppose it is at least possible that two of those speakers could have fit in one box.

Cedar Creek Cinema

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 Old 12-29-10, 02:10 PM
Inactive
Ty

Ill be perfectly content to bring up this booboo just as often as possible in the future...

So just to verify, you have two separate boxes, one each for both the UMC-1 and UPA-5, is that right Sonnie?
post #23 of 40 Old 12-29-10, 02:15 PM
HTS Moderator
doug

My System

So maybe they will make the mistake of putting two in each box and then send me two boxes!

Side note - I made sure to show my wife this thread so that she would believe that I actually won them. Speakers and amps and such tend to stream into our house pretty steadily to fuel my addiction to bass for my DJ setup and I have been politely asked to make that stop
post #24 of 40 Old 12-29-10, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

Quote:
TypeA wrote: View Post
Ill be perfectly content to bring up this booboo just as often as possible in the future...

So just to verify, you have two separate boxes, one each for both the UMC-1 and UPA-5, is that right Sonnie?
heehee... I got a good chuckle out of that one for sure.

I will make sure before I have lcaillo ship it out...

Quote:
dougc wrote: View Post
So maybe they will make the mistake of putting two in each box and then send me two boxes!

Side note - I made sure to show my wife this thread so that she would believe that I actually won them. Speakers and amps and such tend to stream into our house pretty steadily to fuel my addiction to bass for my DJ setup and I have been politely asked to make that stop
I promise I will not let her know that you paid me half of their retail price so that you could win them. I promise ...

Oh... and be sure to edit the other threads about all that other stuff you purchased... just in case she starts snooping around.

Cedar Creek Cinema

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #25 of 40 Old 12-30-10, 11:33 AM
HTS Moderator
doug

My System

Lucky for me it's 60 degrees out today since I will be sleeping on the porch!
post #26 of 40 Old 12-30-10, 02:04 PM
Senior Shackster
Jason

Quote:
dougc wrote: View Post
Lucky for me it's 60 degrees out today since I will be sleeping on the porch!
I take it your speakers are coming today. My ups tracking shows i am to get my other speaker on the 3rd. I have to wait till monday.

It shows it is in LAWNSIDE, NJ. The last one came the next day after it was in NJ. I am hoping it comes tomorrow. It would be nice to get it early.
post #27 of 40 Old 12-31-10, 08:31 AM
Senior Shackster
Jason

ups tracking shows the speaker was a mile from my house at 2:09AM est. I only live about a mile from the ups hub. The sad thing is it won't come till this evening. They deliver at my house on the way back to UPS.

it's now 6:32pm . I guess they are waiting till monday. I saw the trucks driving past my house today but i wonder if they got off work early for new years eve or something. If i would of known that I would of called them this morning to see about picking it up at ups. Now It's to late.

Last edited by Jason1976; 12-31-10 at 05:33 PM.
post #28 of 40 Old 01-01-11, 05:50 PM
Senior Shackster

Pretty cool speakers. I was hoping to win them for my bedroom. I'm sure you will find a nice place for them. Congrats.
post #29 of 40 Old 01-03-11, 05:35 PM
Senior Shackster
Jason

I went to unbox the speakers today to find out they are broken. It's just the name tags on the grills that are broken. The M at the end of each name tag is broken

see the M by itself on the speaker it looks like it says Axioi with the way the M is broken

I called Axiom and they are sending me two logos for the grills. I guess I should finish hooking them up to make sure they are working ok. I wasnt sure If they would want me to ship them back or what. I didn't want to unpack them more if i had to send them back. I will soon let you guys know what i think of these speakers. I'm trying to find a place to mount them. I have old plaster walls. The screws should work good with the backer board. But I am thinking If i had dry wall walls It would of been nice it they came with some wall anchors. It has a template that goes on the wall for mounting. I wish it was a larger template that was the size of the speaker. It would give me an idea of were the bottom of the speaker would be and the top of the speaker. I like how the speaker grills have magnits without holes. It makes the speakers look nice and clean with the grills removed. They also have a nice finish. One thing I wish they had is oiled rubbed veneer, But they are still nice. To me speakers with real veneer look more high end then plastic veneers. They look to be well built. I was looking at the grills and there is no support behind the m on the logos. I think thats why both of mine are broken. The rest of the name tag has something behind the letters. I think it would only take a little more plastic to make it solid behind the M's I think mine would of been ok if they would of been solid.

Last edited by Jason1976; 01-03-11 at 05:56 PM.
post #30 of 40 Old 01-03-11, 07:42 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
Jason1976 wrote: View Post
I have old plaster walls. The screws should work good with the backer board. But I am thinking If i had dry wall walls It would of been nice it they came with some wall anchors.
Cheap plastic anchors work fine for plaster on lath and will easily hold the speaker wall mount. I've used the red, gray, and blue variety into plaster using black drywall screws to mount a variety of material with superb gripping results. If you have wood lath behind the plaster you have a high probability of hitting it using 2" course thread D/W screws and the ones that miss the lath you can use anchors. Good luck.

Here is an article on a variety of anchors, which you may already know.
http://www.athomealterations.com/201...ng-screws.html

Last edited by mjcmt; 01-03-11 at 07:47 PM.