SVSound 5.2 S-Series System / AS-EQ1 Giveaway Winner Announced! - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 63 Old 02-22-11, 02:43 PM
Senior Shackster
Jason

Re: SVSound 5.2 S-Series System / AS-EQ1 Giveaway Winner Announced!

It's been over a week since I heard I won. I am wondering if they have even been shipped yet. I haven't received any package tracking or anything. Everytime I hear something outside I keep looking to see if its ups / fedex or any other shipper. I hate waiting, I'm getting very impatient. lol I just can't wait to get them. I just wonder what they will sound like.

These will be my first high end speakers. Its going to be hard to write a review when I can only compare them to lower end systems. Of course they are going to sound great so I'm guessing I can truely say they will be the best sounding system I ever heard.

Last edited by Jason1976; 02-23-11 at 12:37 PM. Reason: I had to fix a few errors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 63 Old 02-24-11, 08:11 AM
Senior Shackster
Jason

The speakers came today!!!!! UPS guy told me he was hoping I was home because he said he couldn't make any other deliveries until he got all these boxes out of the way. I am about a half a mile from the ups hub. They were here at 9am this morning. Normally I have to wait until 5pm for them to come.
post #53 of 63 Old 02-26-11, 11:21 AM
Senior Shackster
Jason

I have it all hooked up now. I had to go out and buy long RCA cable to hook up the powered subwoofers. It's fun finding them long enough. I started to wright my review and will post it when I am done. I am thinking I should send it to sonnie or someone else on the forums to prof read it. I don't trust myself.
post #54 of 63 Old 02-26-11, 12:39 PM
Inactive
Ty

Hope you take your time with the review. Dont feel bad about the lack of cables in your area either, I cant find any length in my town. Its also a joy living in florida in that regard as almost all the decent interconnect dealers are in far off california and I always seem to have a order "on the way." In a pinch Ill go to my local radio shack and pay way too much for way too little...
post #55 of 63 Old 02-26-11, 12:57 PM
Shackster

My System

I know just what you mean. I always buy extra stuff when ordering from the online dealers, thinking I'm saving money not buying from local retailers. But then my neighbors and firends always seem to need everything, before I get to ues them.

Lee J
post #56 of 63 Old 02-26-11, 03:29 PM
Senior Shackster
Jason

Quote:
TypeA wrote: View Post
Hope you take your time with the review. Dont feel bad about the lack of cables in your area either, I cant find any length in my town. Its also a joy living in florida in that regard as almost all the decent interconnect dealers are in far off california and I always seem to have a order "on the way." In a pinch Ill go to my local radio shack and pay way too much for way too little...
Thats what I had to do. I bought ends at radio shack and then went to lowes and bought speaker wire by the foot and made my own interconnect cables. What fun!
post #57 of 63 Old 02-27-11, 11:40 AM
Shackster
Rob

Quote:
leej wrote: View Post
I know just what you mean. I always buy extra stuff when ordering from the online dealers, thinking I'm saving money not buying from local retailers. But then my neighbors and firends always seem to need everything, before I get to ues them.
It's funny reading this post as I run into the same situation. Since I order all my cables from MP I end up getting 3 different lengths in case I don't know which one will work the best.

Right now I have at least a dozen extra misc. cables and as you said, inevitably a neighbor or friend needs one. They're so cost effective, I usually just give it to them know that "what goes around, comes around". That and I hate to see people pay $50 for a cable they can get for $6.

Good luck on that review Jason. I for one am looking forward to it.

Rob
post #58 of 63 Old 02-28-11, 04:05 PM
Senior Shackster
Jason

I just posted my review it says a moderator has to review it before it post.

Last edited by Jason1976; 02-28-11 at 04:13 PM.
post #59 of 63 Old 02-28-11, 06:12 PM
Inactive
Ty

I had a chance to read it before it was taken down, good review Jason and glad youre so happy with the new system. I dont recall you being specific on your model sony, but I know when I recently went from a low to mid-range sony to a marantz 7002 (shortly thereafter returned and upgraded to my current onkyo 3007) my acoustimas system really came to life. Im sure your upgrades will come over time but never underestimate the power of a good receiver (especially if your current doesnt support the latest lossless formats). Basically if you think youre impressed now just wait till you upgrade your receiver!
post #60 of 63 Old 02-28-11, 06:15 PM
Senior Shackster
Jason

Quote:
TypeA wrote: View Post
I had a chance to read it before it was taken down, good review Jason and glad youre so happy with the new system. I dont recall you being specific on your model sony, but I know when I went from a mid-range sony to a marantz 7002 (shortly thereafter returned and upgraded to my current onkyo 3007) my acoustimas system really came to life. Im sure your upgrades will come over time but never underestimate the power of a good receiver (especially if your current doesnt support the latest lossless formats). Basically if you think youre impressed now just wait till you upgrade your receiver!
Thats why I was letting people know I dont have a high end receiver. I am sure an upgraded receiver would really impress me even more.

I took it down myself since I found the review area of the forums. I wanted to make sure it was in the right area.

Nothing like using speakers worth over 3 grand with a receiver you bought at the good will for 10 dollars. lol

Last edited by Jason1976; 02-28-11 at 06:43 PM.